C4 Transmission

Rmoore45

Jun 5, 2011
I'm trying to get rid of my C4 after doing my T-5 swap but I don't know what its worth. What is a freshly rebuilt with less than 2000 miles that comes with all accessories worth?

Thanks, Ranger

• Sponsors (?)

Ranger, The C-4 was built somewhat different in different years. So some are better for racing applications and others are pretty much just good for "Concourse Restorations". Now there are still a few people out there that buy them to replace their burnt up unit to get their car running again. The drag racers are looking for these at "core" prices ($50 to $200). The Concourse guy pays the most but he is also the pickiest about numbers, casting condition, ware marks, etc. He might pay $1000 if you have exactly what he wants and he does not have to do anything to it. If this happens, take his money to the "Qwik-E-Mart" and get yourself some lottery tickets while your at it. The guy that is just trying to get his car running again has already got a quote for rebuilding his old one so you have to beat that price. Around here, I can get a C-4 built for $600, so I would have to get it for $400 or less. With that said, if there is no buyer in your area, they are pretty much only good for holding down the concrete in a corner of your garage.