C5 vette or 05' stang?

01stangjim

Apr 21, 2004
Now, i have seen alot of comparsions in these forums. GTO, rx-8, EVO, well i am in a deleima here with a say used 2002 corvette and the new mustang.
I have always like the c5 corvette since its debut in 1997. The c6 is nice but too much $$$$! The 05 mustang offers decent performance at a good price. The vette is going to be used and thats really what i don' like about it since the stang is going to be brand new with a warranty. However the corvette will be a litter quicker. I have been looking around on the internet at prices for say a 01' or 02' corvette coupe, most of them are around 32,000 to 36,000. just wondering what u guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the board is in agreement. My sister just bought a C5, and it is awesome! It's even an automatic, but it is still very responsive and a blast to drive. Great driveability too. If I wasn't shopping for a house right now, I would be telling you about mine. Of course mine would be a six speed!

So you are saying that the stang has no problems? I think it goes either way. As far as a warranty goes, let's assume that if your on this board, your have mods on your car so the warranty is pretty much no good.

I think you might find the insurance on the C5 less expensive than the GT Mustang even though the car costs more. This is likely due to the GT Mustangs and the V-8 F-body cars having a higher claims experience. The C5 is a great car, gets better gas mileage than the stang, and handles like a dream. A used one in great conditon with low miles should be easy to find. I'd be happy with either of them. I'm going to wait and test drive the 05 Mustang before I make up my mind. If you get a C5, I'd also guess they would become a little cheaper once the C6 comes out.

I'd say wait until you can actually sit in a 05 mustang and take a ride before you make your choice. That is what I am going to do.

I presently have an 02 GT and thought I would get the new Mustang, but now I am not so sure. I will be waiting until the 06 comes around and hope for some special editions. Looks wise, the 05 GT is not doing it for me. If at that time nothing interests me, I will be looking for a used 04 Z06. I love the looks of the C5 corvette and with the C6 coming out soon, the values of the C5 should go down some more.