Cadillac ATS Brembo calipers

I've got a 94/95 V8 master (non-cobra) on mine, and I'm in the process of the swap which I hope to complete this weekend, just been too busy the last few weeks to finish. I'll have the master mentioned, brembo fronts, and 43mm rears. I'll report pedal feel after done and can drive.

Any update? I'm really interested in how this setup feels compared to cobra front calipers.

• Sponsors (?)

Any update? I'm really interested in how this setup feels compared to cobra front calipers.
Sorry man, I updated my thread but not here... I've got all 4 calipers and rotors installed, but still need to disconnect lines from old calipers and hook them up to the new ones then bleed the system. Just haven't had time yet.

GHQzYA6.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
That red on red looks awesome - what wheels are you going with?

I'm extremely tempted to grab G2 kit in 7N (Deep Shadow Blue) and paint mine up that color. But will most likely need two kits, and the custom colors are $100/each. No bueno

That red on red looks awesome - what wheels are you going with?

I'm extremely tempted to grab G2 kit in 7N (Deep Shadow Blue) and paint mine up that color. But will most likely need two kits, and the custom colors are $100/each. No bueno

My wheels are 18" Moda R6 wheels, you can see pics of them in my build thread. The reason I'm using those wheels is my car has an IRS so I needed something that had a +45 offset in the back on an 18x9, and just happened to find these locally on craigslist and think they look pretty good for now.

Man i just got my mount kit from S&S yesterday, nice setup! Unfortunately 5 minutes after pulling one caliper out of the box to test fit i find out they stick to far out to clear my wheel..... So if anyone is looking for brand new Brembo loaded calipers and the mount kit i will be putting them in the for sale section.:(

Reactions: 1 user
Man i just got my mount kit from S&S yesterday, nice setup! Unfortunately 5 minutes after pulling one caliper out of the box to test fit i find out they stick to far out to clear my wheel..... So if anyone is looking for brand new Brembo loaded calipers and the mount kit i will be putting them in the for sale section.:(

Oh no sorry to hear man. What wheels do you have? So we steer clear from them.

You *could* run a spacer?

You *could* run a spacer?

Not going to do that, the amount of spacer i would need would kick the tire way too far out and look idiotic. i only have about .300" clearance to the Cobra calipers that are on it currently and that's with a 5mm spacer in there already (needed that to get the spindle to not pop the center cap out of my rim, and i machined .062" out of the back of the center cap) These wheels just fit too tight around the center....

esr.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I can't say that I blame you. I have a particular set of aftermarket wheels in mind, and whether or not i install the ATS brembos purely depends on if I can fit them without a spacer. My current C6 brakes stop damn well, so really it's wheels..vs calipers here. I'd rather have the wheels

I can't say that I blame you. I have a particular set of aftermarket wheels in mind, and whether or not i install the ATS brembos purely depends on if I can fit them without a spacer. My current C6 brakes stop damn well, so really it's wheels..vs calipers here. I'd rather have the wheels

Yep, I agree with you, i wasn't going to search for new wheels again for the sake of the Brembos, it took me forever to lock down on these wheels, seemed almost any wheel i liked didn't come in the correct offset or rim width so i was literally down to 2 different wheels when i picked these! LOL

Not going to do that, the amount of spacer i would need would kick the tire way too far out and look idiotic. i only have about .300" clearance to the Cobra calipers that are on it currently and that's with a 5mm spacer in there already (needed that to get the spindle to not pop the center cap out of my rim, and i machined .062" out of the back of the center cap) These wheels just fit too tight around the center....

esr.jpg

What size ESRs did you go with? That's too bad because those are very clean wheels :(

New info that may be of use.

Some are saying an 11-14 GT non-Brembo rotor (13.25" x 1.18") will fit the ATS setup with spacers and allow the pad to fully contact the swept surface.

You would need to run a .100" spacer under the rotor, OR mill the calipers that amount.

New info that may be of use.

Some are saying an 11-14 GT non-Brembo rotor (13.25" x 1.18") will fit the ATS setup with spacers and allow the pad to fully contact the swept surface.

You would need to run a .100" spacer under the rotor, OR mill the calipers that amount.

How thick is the spacer in the kit? Do you recall? I don't feel like pulling a wheel/rotor to measure it.