CAI: ARE THEY WORTH IT?

T-Sho

Jul 31, 2006
Are cold air intakes the most overhyped mod? It seems to me that $300 for five extra horses doesn't sound like a good investment :notnice: . I know when coupled with other mods they can contribute considerable gains. So I ask you guys whats your opinion on CAI? Are they worth it :shrug: ?

• Sponsors (?)

Are cold air intakes the most overhyped mod? It seems to me that $300 for five extra horses doesn't sound like a good investment :notnice: . I know when coupled with other mods they can contribute considerable gains. So I ask you guys whats your opinion on CAI? Are they worth it :shrug: ?

You already have a K&N filter, so a cai won't get you much more hp. There are so many better things you could spend that $300 on.

I would say their mostly a waste of money, but 95% of people still have them including me. Afew extra horses and it makes your engine bay look better. It's no more of a waste of money than alot of the people that change their exhaust on a yearly basis.

the stock intake is a pita to get to the filter, plus ugly.
I have run the stock intake with a K&N and snorkel removed, and thats better
but I like my current set up, since its easy to see and remove the filter for cleaning. It stays cleaner in the open engine compartment also.
I have noticed no problem with heat soak either.

Picture1458.jpg

Attachments

• Picture1458.jpg
    Picture1458.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 91
Pretty much the only thing there good for is looks and the sound. If you are buying one for power, than you are just going to be disappointed

the stock intake is a pita to get to the filter, plus ugly.
I have run the stock intake with a K&N and snorkel removed, and thats better
but I like my current set up, since its easy to see and remove the filter for cleaning. It stays cleaner in the open engine compartment also.
I have noticed no problem with heat soak either.

Picture1458.jpg

Thats the kind of setup I'm looking to do, at this point either a JLT ram air or MAC straight shot. I'll probably do MAC to get the chrome look which will match all the other polished and chrome covers I plan on putting under the hood.

Attachments

• Picture1458.jpg
    Picture1458.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 79