Electrical Calling all wiring guys - absolute head scratcher

manicmechanic007

Sep 26, 2017
So now what? Pull the dash out and replace the harness. Put a factory processor back where it goes? Cluster fuchs are just that. I know because I have a 69 G code that has had extensive modification. Thank god there is only 17 wires in my main loom. You can probably still get a new harness. Otherwise marry your DVOM. Buy new old stock wire from the USA to repair your harness. Put the processor wherever you please. A lead lined box maybe

• Sponsors(?)

rock4451

Nov 30, 2004
New Baden, IL
Pretty sure .04v between SIG RTN and batt neg terminal proves I have a short somewhere. I need to locate the short or faulty sensor.

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
That's likely phantom Voltage due to the type of multimeter being used. If you had voltage, it would be 12V, not 0.4v

Reactions: 1 user

manicmechanic007

Sep 26, 2017
Splay the harness out. On a bench. You did not want to hear that. I have seen bad splices, battery acid damage, shorts melts induced voltage and the like. A good visual inspection is where you start. Pay particular attention to the processor connector for pushed out pins. You definitely have a short. Remove column pull dash (instrument panel) replace or repair harness 40 hours to start. I can have the dash out a Mustang in about 2 hours with taking smoke breaks. The harness on the other hand is arrrggghh real bad for about two days. I have never replaced one except for under warranty. A new harness front or rear is about 1800

rock4451

Nov 30, 2004
New Baden, IL
I am going to have the MAF tested as the MAF sig and MAF RTN wires were giving me 0.11v at idle. After that I’ll take a deeper look.