Fox Calypso parts car ???

Would you save it ???

• Save the 4 banger and leave it as is...deal with attitude from wife.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Hell with the wife and swap it...say its hers...

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Leave it alone and don't buy it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hide it at the farm until after the holidays...may get killed by said wife.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Use the car as a new home for all of your existing drivetrain, sell off Dusty

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I've come across a beautiful 4 cylinder calypso green fox hatch. My issue is....this car would end up being hacked up by me to salvage the doors, fenders, pedal assembly, t5 transmission, window trim, and some interior bits.

The car is dent and rust free. For 500 bucks I don't know if i can refuse. The problem is my car, Dusty, has a dent or ding on every panel. The doors are waved up like a twerkin' fat chicks back.

This isn't the actual car. The car I have access too only has a little clear coat peel on the hood....the drivers window motor is bad...and the exhaust is broken right before the muffler. It does run and drive.

20181118_210542.jpg

It also has silver pony wheels.

My issue is that this car would make a great swap car....or daily. I've got another 5.0 and long tubes in the garage.

I just don't know if I could bring myself to dismantling a car this clean just to put doors and fenders on my turbo car. There's also no way that I'll put my turbo engine and IRS in this body.

The wife doesn't want another car sitting around.... even though I need a daily.

Seriously, what would you guys do....?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm confused. $500 or $5000... It's a four cylinder?? with 5.0 badges, so daily driver or better in my book. 500$ not running is a no brainer.

Photo is not actual car.

I'd buy it...to swap. Not sure I can part it out. That particular color has a cult like following and would be something sought out in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to check it over again after work. I'll post pics of actual car. Maybe I could flip it for a little extra money. Around here they go for 1500 all day.

I don't know... decisions decisions....

Last edited:
I forgot....its dark when I get home...dang daylight savings time. This will have to wait until the weekend

I added another question, guess which vote is mine.

I would... but I'm not a huge fan of hatches. I've had a few of them over the years. The notch back is a firmer chassis. ...unless I did a spider brace jacking rail fiasco. The car is decent but I hate lx seats. ( they're also pretty dirty ) Would need to find gray gt seats. I want to take a look at the bottom structure of the car. The owner says no rust...and I've seen the car. It's as straight as an arrow. He says no rust in shock towers but I need to get the hood open and check.

This car may end up being a project for me and my 18yr old. He's in an automotive program right now. I think I'll buy it and take it down to one of the buildings on the farm. Way more space down there.

My son and I looked at a Calypso Green 4cyl hatch in Philly a few years back. We were gonna swap all the v8 stuff from the red convertible into it. The car looked decent in pictures but did not look as good in person. We tried to talk the guy to a lower price but he wouldn't budge. It just wasn't worth what he was asking. He wouldn't even come down to $2500. Walking away was an easy decision.

If anyone else is truly interested in this car inbox me and post here. This car would make a good project and is located in fredericksburg va. I want to check some areas and part pics. I've seen it in person but didn't get a chance to thoroughly check it out.

I'd rather see it built here than to pass on it and never see it again. The guys price to me is 500 bucks. Hopefully he's a man of his word.

I'm not saying that I'm not going to buy this car myself. Just would be nice to have a list of people that would come get it if I don't.

Maybe this could be a contest...

For under 15k I could do these wonderful things to it...

20181121_115440.jpg

And this nice little kit from Ford Performance with the harness and brain to control it...

20181121_115422.jpg

Probably could beat this fuel economy too...

20181121_115913.jpg

It's actually kinda cheap to put one together.... I'm surprised....