CAM GAMES!!! PLEASE HELP!!! LOL

RedHotFox

May 11, 2011
KILGORE, TX
:shrug:

WELL, HERE IT GOES!!! I'm trying to pick out a cam for my 1990 5.0/T5 with 30K miles. Current mods include 3.73 gears, msd ignition system, comp powerbox upper manifold, mac headers, o/r h-pipe, flowmaster cat-back, underdrive pullies, and cold air. The guy at comp cams recommended the XE264, but the powerband for that cam is 1,500-5,500. I want something a bit more radical for strong mid and top end. A cam with a powerband of 2,000-6,000. I don't mind losing a small amount of low end because I mostly mess with people when I'm out on the interstate...lol. I plan on keeping stock heads and stock pistons for now. I am willing to change the valve springs. WHAT CAM WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMMEND!?

• Sponsors (?)

call summit or comp cam back and tell them what power range you want and they can help you out. id go with a comp cam or trick flow. letter cams can still be good to like a f303 is a really good all around cam.

I will be upgrading the manifold later when I get heads. I'd just like to go ahead and get the cam in so I can play around some more...lol. I will have to use pedestal mounted rockers for the stock head though right? Also, what about the valvesprings?