Cam timing dowel/pin

• Sponsors (?)

1SLO306 said:
u might have to get it from a dealer. what do it need it for a cam swap. u can twist and pull the one out in the stock cam. thats what i did when i installed mine. still fits really tite too!!

I called the dealer and they told me they couldn't get one...I pulled the old one out of my atock cobra cam and it was way to small for the e303 cam. I am building a 331 stroker and the ecam I bought did not have the dowel so I am looking for one but I called my machinest and he says that he has a few so I will get i this afternoon. Now I can finially keep going on the motor.

Just make sure you get the short pin or you will have to grind it down so it doesn't hit the cam bolt washer. They usually come with the cam, but if not any auto machine shop should have them.

Rick 91GT said:
Just make sure you get the short pin or you will have to grind it down so it doesn't hit the cam bolt washer. They usually come with the cam, but if not any auto machine shop should have them.

Rick, I have to ask you this. I know the cam I am planning on putting in this motor is an old design but is there a different cam that would be more suitable for my application. Keep in mind I would like to pass the sniffer. I don't plan on revving this motor too high, at MOST to 6000. But I don't want to sacrifice my lowend if that is what I am doing by using the e-cam. I am also going to be running 1.7 rockers. Thanks

The E-cam is tried and true for passing the sniffer although it is too small IMO to full take advantage of the extra cubic inches.

I have worked with Ed C @ FTI to get healthy custom cams that will pass emissions and make awesome power through out the range. Well worth the $335....