Cam Timing Question

Had it not been for their mistake it's like this car would have ran 3 weeks ago.

I agree. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with anything you posted. If this guy can get you on the road for free though, that'd be great.

BTW, it's pouring fuel from the crossover tube, right? You did put the o rings on, right? Also, I read that someone else sealed it up by stacking 2 o rings per side.

• Sponsors (?)

I've tried every combo and one of the originals got pinched in half. It just makes little to no sense that it's pressed in between anyway.

I did email and that's how I got the answer. I'll try again.

Can you forward a copy of the receipt for the intake so we can get another tube out to you right away?

:(

I bought it at a mustang show at Barber Motor Speedway in 2006 from a CJPony booth. :nonono:

A reciept for a new press fit tube. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Well back to vingar it is.

I'm gonna see if CJ Pony has a reciept. I mean that part is my fault, but they should stand behind their product.

I did in fact buy it brand new if anyone is concerned. Brand spanking new.

*edits tag*

Edit for reference:

http://forums.stangnet.com/657669-barber-motor-speedway-weekend.html

http://forums.stangnet.com/659899-shout-outs-blasts-between-companies.html

CJ Pony Parts- I ordered about $1800 worth of stuff from these guys, also where I got my intake from in person at the mustang show in B'ham, Alabama...

Saturday I recieved 1% of my stuff (a fuel pump) and a t-shirt and a membership and 2 decals...

Problem is that they charged me $35 for that t-shirt, membership, and decal

I've sent an email so hopefully this will clear up. I have yet to recieve a tracking number either... hopefully this will turn around

EDIT: Membership was done to take 5% off of the $1800 order :D

See- they're looking out for me
:nice:

I can kinda understand BBKs position..... put the gun down Strype... here let me explain.

Yes they know its an existing issue and they do cover it under warenty. But they need to make sure its not a part they already replaced. See when I worked for a computer chilling company we had a batch of crappy coolers that we replaced for free. We had a couple dicks that worked for us and would steal the bad systems and sell them to people for a super low price and tell the people they just return it to us and they will get the new updated one for free. We exchanged 6 or 7 of them (at $6800 each) before I noticed one I had brought in a few months earlier.

I know that dont help you out but in the past when I had BBK stuff and had issues they took care of me right away. Once was fuel rails and another time it was a defective (craked) intake pipe. :shrug:

As for a suggestion on what you should do, stand by for a PM. :nice:

Not trying to add fuel to your fire, but I can't believe that this is still going on. I read this thread a few weeks back.

Sorry to hear about all this. Receipt or not, they should be willing to take back a faulty BBK part. Maybe its time you provide them with a receipt. wink,wink.

:rlaugh:

Yea well it's looking a bit more positive I'm waiting to be contacted but I gotta tell you, I don't think the new tube that connects the fuel rails is gonna solve anything. It could be the spacers, the lower intake casting, the holes in the rails, the tube, etc...

I am very serious when I say that I'm lucky my car didn't get blown up with me in it. Had I not turned it off because I had no one to stand out and time the car... Boom!

Resolved...

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/798891-hci-no-start-part-2-a-2.html

Okay here's a rundown of all the problems I ran into...

A) Fuel pressure loss- The BBK SSI intake was to blame. The tube inbetween the fuel rails was leaking.
B) Vacuum Leak- We had accidentally pulled the PCV valve out.
C) Spark plugs- The GT40X heads take 3924 (I think) Autolites.
D) Valve train- The rockers must be shimmed exactly as shown here: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/785764-cam-timing-question.html#post7909781
E) Timing- The black "reluctor" has to be pointed at 12:00. The rotor should be just behind it. The number 1 plug on the cap must be over the rotor or just after. That plug actually sits just over the black magnetic pickup (reluctor I think).
F) Fuel in the Oil- After many attempted starts the unburned fuel was just pooling inside the combustion chamber and you could tell from the plugs. Some were black and some were clean but they were all drenched. It was obviously washing out the cylinders.