camaro ss wants to race!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

player4lifeov

Mar 22, 2006
California
SO i have a 1999 mustang gt vert right and there's this friend of mine who just got a 2003 camaro ss automatic and he wants to race!! You guys think i stand a chance? Its the slp edition camaro. I have off road x pipe, ud pulleys, diablo chip, cai,3.90 gears, and of course me the driver!! Need some insight or stories of gt's beating ss camaros

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yeah, a kill story..

I did beat one at the 1/8th mile track. '00 Trans Am 6spd, all free mods, catback exhaust.

It was his first time there. His best was around a 9.6 @ 78 something. While my times went from 9.22-9.48. He needed some practice. That won't help you because he has the automatic.

I have a '01 stock, Auto, by the way.

On the street. dig up to 80mph in 2nd gear, I can take 'em sometimes. Once it shifts into 3rd it makes me sad. Like I let off the gas and they kept going.

Just run hard, you will most likely get beat, but I seen a auto 99 ls1 z28 run 14.1 at 100 the otehr day at the track as well as a 00 firebird auto ls1 run 14.2 at 102....so its hit or miss, I actually beat a auto ls1 that was mostly stock from a roll before I had the h pipe and plenum and t.b.....but I got smoked by a 6 speed one with long tubes and exhaust

Ok, I know the SS's are badass, but what exactly is the difference between those and the Z's.

But either way, even if you win, you won against the driver of that car....not the car....because, and get the flames ready....the Camaro SS is definetely the superior car!

Automatic LS1's aren't unbeatable, even from a roll. I beat one in my automatic 2001 GT. I pulled an average of one car on it from 70-110. We raced four times. I seem to have a strong car, though, but if you can drive, you have a chance.

ive beaten quite a few at the track when i was on street tires in my old vert. if you can drive, you can beat him, but he will have a few mph on you top end and be coming back.

all things equal he should win almost everytime

I know that all auto LS1's have a dead spot between 25-30mph where the car wont drop a gear if they stomp it and isnt high enough in the RPM's to produce the power it should... ive seen this several times with a few friends of mine and its true..... i would imagine an SS would be the same... so if you go from a 25-30 roll you should get a nice jump on him, even though he most likely will catch back up to you.. but it will be a more respectable way to lose!!!...... just dont tell him its his dead spot!!!!

That car should run 13.2-13.4 in stock form. I ran 13.4 bone stock in 80* heat w/ a crappy 2.1 60'. The SLP SS's have more mods(SLP Lid and catbacks) than the regular SS. The difference between the SS and Z28 is nothing but 6k in upgrades that dont make it faster.

As for their power.
The Autos are better from a dig but you can take them from a roll(compuiter has to downshift).
The M6 is better from a roll because their 1st and 2nd gears suck and they dont come alive until 3rd gear and you will know when they hit it. Usually around the 1/8th mile is when they take off.

I think he will beat you, but f*$k it, race him.

blackfang said:
That car should run 13.2-13.4 in stock form. I ran 13.4 bone stock in 80* heat w/ a crappy 2.1 60'. The SLP SS's have more mods(SLP Lid and catbacks) than the regular SS. The difference between the SS and Z28 is nothing but 6k in upgrades that dont make it faster.
A couple things...there is more but you get the idea.

SS Performance & Appearance Package

* Includes 325 horsepower, forced air induction hood, specific SS spoiler, high performance ride and handling package, power steering cooler and low restriction dual outlet exhaust.

* Tires: 275/40ZR17 Goodyear Eagle F1

* Wheels: 17" Silver Cast Aluminum

* SS Badging

* SLP 2nd Sticker Content

* Cannot be ordered at a later date. Charges for additional equipment will be invoiced directly from SLP Engineering (please contact SLP Engineering at 248-288-3066 for ordering details, order forms and sales materials).

1LE Suspension Package (SLP)

* Includes double adjustable Koni shocks. Recommended for competition driving.

Includes 5-spoke, SS aluminum wheels with SS logo center cap or Bowtie logo center cap.
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Performance Exhaust System (SLP)
3.23 Rear Performance Axle Ratio
Auburn High Torque Performance Differential (SLP)

Status
Not open for further replies.