Engine Cammed 1988 Mustang LX - Does this sound right?

Hey guys! First time poster, long time lurker. I recently picked up a 1988 LX hatch as a project. For starters, it has an unknown cam in it. I just put a new exhaust on it, and my buddy was like "it sounds like it's missing". It may sound stupid, but I've never had a vehicle with a bigger cam in it, and I'm not really sure what it's supposed to sound like. I checked all the plugs and wires this morning and everything checked out there. Anyone care to listen to this video clip and let me know if it sounds right? First startup of the day in cold weather.

View media item 14093

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys! First time poster, long time lurker. I recently picked up a 1988 LX hatch as a project. For starters, it has an unknown cam in it. I just put a new exhaust on it, and my buddy was like "it sounds like it's missing". It may sound stupid, but I've never had a vehicle with a bigger cam in it, and I'm not really sure what it's supposed to sound like. I checked all the plugs and wires this morning and everything checked out there. Anyone care to listen to this video clip and let me know if it sounds right? First startup of the day in cold weather.

View media item 14093

Does it run smooth when you rev it if so then yes if not then you have a different problem i'de start with vacuum lines if everything else checks out

It runs great when I rev it, and it runs great in general. About once a week I drive it on a two hour round trip drive to Cincinnati with no problems.

But pretty much you think it's normal then? I've been stressing hard ever since he said that and trying to compare the sound to videos of other cars (impossible).

It also looks like I can't view the video I posted on mobile for some reason, so here is a youtube link for anyone who wants to chime in.

View: https://youtu.be/uLRwbeMcaeI