cams are installed ........

Warrior 102

Jan 22, 2003
Macomb MI
cams are installed ........ UPDATED W/VIDEO

I just want to say what I think about VT stage II cams.
I got the car this after noon from the shop,I put about 100 miles on it I drive it on the freeway and around town,car is running nice and smooth pool hard all the way to the 6500 rpm I am happy with the power she make,BUT ONLY ONE THINK I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE CAMS,I don't know about everyone else's cams but I know about mine,MAN THY MAKE SO MUCH NOISE at idol for me that is unacceptable:notnice: :notnice: :notnice: :mad: :mad: :mad: gonna call VT and ask them what's up whit that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w989ALSBOs
AM GONNA MAKE BEATER VIDEOS TODAY....

• Sponsors (?)

welcome to the life of big cams...thats why they have a stage 1 cam for those who want a mild car on the street. Stage 2 is a more aggressive profile and will work the valvetrane more and make more noise....turn up the radio :) or mash down the gas pedal and listen to the exhaust.

do stage II's make that much more of an aggressive sound up front? i always thought that my engine was real quiet & the exhaust is real loud...i might have to go the stage II cams route over the summer to open up the sound up front so i can actually hear the engine!

DropTopPony said:
welcome to the life of big cams...thats why they have a stage 1 cam for those who want a mild car on the street. Stage 2 is a more aggressive profile and will work the valvetrane more and make more noise....turn up the radio :) or mash down the gas pedal and listen to the exhaust.
What are you saying dude yours are making noise to... come on guys, help me out here, teal me that is normal with big cams, I am going crazy here with mine diesel like sounding mustang......

Stang|ess said:
Tune, proper installation (degreeing the cams)?

What's the loud sound like?
The cams was installed and car was tuned by alternative auto professional mustang shop.
Sound like diesel got that ticking noise I mean you can hire the valvetran working every time cam open the valve you gonna hire it but only on the idle when you drive the car you can not hire any of that.
I am gonna tray to make some video and posted here......

Warrior 102 said:
The cams was installed and car was tuned by alternative auto professional mustang shop.
Sound like diesel got that ticking noise I mean you can hire the valvetran working every time cam open the valve you gonna hire it but only on the idle when you drive the car you can not hire any of that.
I am gonna tray to make some video and posted here......

How can you HIRE a noise?... Wouldn't you HEAR it?... :shrug:

We need vids or more explanation.. I'm about to order the cams tonight :D

lets see.... mac longtubes, off road pipes, and stinger cat back WITH STAGE 2 cams and your complaing its too loud..lol.. havent u seen any of the vids with stg 2's.. who dont even have as loud of a setup as urs.. those things are sick imo.. but if u dont like loud u shouldve known, no excuse

steveb24 said:
lets see.... mac longtubes, off road pipes, and stinger cat back WITH STAGE 2 cams and your complaing its too loud..lol.. havent u seen any of the vids with stg 2's.. who dont even have as loud of a setup as urs.. those things are sick imo.. but if u dont like loud u shouldve known, no excuse
Dude I don't mine exhaust being to loud, the valvetrain is loud sound like a diesel you can heir the cam working the valvetrain loud....
O.K here is the bottom line tomorrow I am gonna make some videos but someone have to teal me how can I post the video here....

Ruckus46Gt said:
you will hear noise. You can hear your injectors and valvetrain. Its normal mine loud under the hood and i have over 20,000 miles with stage 2 cams
O.K dude you gonna help me allot if you make a video with your hood open and send et to me at sash1@ comcast .net or just posted here....
Thanks