cams are installed ........

• Sponsors (?)

haha the worlds first powerstroke diesel mustang.

yeah something is definately fubar'd in the install. ive never heard of a car sounding like that after a cam install. id take it back to the shop and tell em whats up.

hey warrior, do me a favor & go spin the engine by hand tomorrow & make sure there is no PTV contact at all.

incase you don't know how.....put the car in neautral. take a 18mm socket on a breaker bar & put it on the crank bolt. then turn the crank 'by hand'. if you hear a clink, or any noise - stop immediately & have it towed back to the shop. if you're not careful when timing these engines when you're putting it all back together you can get a small aount of PTV & the car will still run. just rule that out to be sure.

stangman said:
hey warrior, do me a favor & go spin the engine by hand tomorrow & make sure there is no PTV contact at all.

incase you don't know how.....put the car in neautral. take a 18mm socket on a breaker bar & put it on the crank bolt. then turn the crank 'by hand'. if you hear a clink, or any noise - stop immediately & have it towed back to the shop. if you're not careful when timing these engines when you're putting it all back together you can get a small aount of PTV & the car will still run. just rule that out to be sure.
I turn the motor by hand and yes there is the click going on there so I gess I have PTV contact that have to be bad, probably my valves even the heads are bad now a?

Why the heck can't I find the video? Lidio called me as he was test driving the car and asked about increased valvetrain noise. I told him SOME is normal, but it was hard to tell without my hearing it. If it's that bad, there has to be some type of problem. I have hundreds and hundreds of my cams out there and I don't get any calls about them being excessively noisey. Let me know what you find out.

VTEngines said:
Why the heck can't I find the video? Lidio called me as he was test driving the car and asked about increased valvetrain noise. I told him SOME is normal, but it was hard to tell without my hearing it. If it's that bad, there has to be some type of problem. I have hundreds and hundreds of my cams out there and I don't get any calls about them being excessively noisey. Let me know what you find out.
Dude the video is on the first page on the first post...
I tray calling you to day but no one was in the store....
Right now the car is sound even worse tomorrow I am gonna talk to lidio and see what hi is gonna say...

Warrior 102 said:
Dude the video is on the first page on the first post...
I tray calling you to day but no one was in the store....
Right now the car is sound even worse tomorrow I am gonna talk to lidio and see what hi is gonna say...

No..we were here all day...just on the phones all day. We are always swamped after a weekend , specially a long weekend. I just listened to the vid....that does not sound right at all. Thats way more than increased valvetrain noise. Let me know what Lidio finds.

VTEngines said:
No..we were here all day...just on the phones all day. We are always swamped after a weekend , specially a long weekend. I just listened to the vid....that does not sound right at all. Thats way more than increased valvetrain noise. Let me know what Lidio finds.
When I went to pick my car up I can teal that lidio was not to happy whit that sound, but hi steel let me have the car,but he teal me to call him after the weekend and let him know how is running, so we gonna see tomorrow I hope I'll have answer for you soon.....
by the way thanks for the replays....

VTEngines said:

exactly. warrior, this is why i was saying look at the install. i've never seen a problem someone had with their VT cams, that wasn't install related.

haha.. wow that's freaking loud. i did also notice my engine pay was noisey after mine.. but you don't notice is really after the hood is closed, just when it's opened. so craps thats crazy. you said he tuned it.. where's the dyno numbers? :o