Cams are obsolete...

• Sponsors (?)

that turbo inline four will proly be a 2V T I-4, but still - interesting stuff. Unlimited ability to alter cam timing, duration, and degree separation WHILE under power. CPU's are going to get bigger, lol

Oh yeah they are. I think the powerpc in the new 05+ Mustangs are way excessive. I was thinking this camless stuff can be like a way advanced version of vtec. Could be really good for emissions, too.

I have been hoping they would start using this for a long time.. The possibilities of electromagnetic valves are almost endless..

Even in Hybrid cars you will see drastic improvments once this type of system is used.. Instead of the atkinson cycle motors used now to reduce pumping losses when the engine is off you can use this system to keep the exhaust valves open when a hybrid is running on the electric motor and then when the gas motor is on you can maximize power... Unlike the current Hybrid systems that use a very low compression gas engine to lower pumping losses.

For years I have been waiting for this as the next major advance in engines...

This combined with GDI ( gasoline direct injection) will increase power and reduce emmisions by quite a bit.