Camshaft dowel pin?

Brando 91LX

Sep 30, 2006
I got my new TFS 1 cam and when I was going to install it I noticed the directions to use the longer pin for 79 and earlier vehicles and the shorter pin for newer. Well guess what? NEither are in there! The place I bouhgt it from said they just ship it how they recieve it and I cant find any place that sells this piece seperately. I'm talking about the pin the goes into the front end of the cam that the cam sprocket slides onto...Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I got my new TFS 1 cam and when I was going to install it I noticed the directions to use the longer pin for 79 and earlier vehicles and the shorter pin for newer. Well guess what? NEither are in there! The place I bouhgt it from said they just ship it how they recieve it and I cant find any place that sells this piece seperately. I'm talking about the pin the goes into the front end of the cam that the cam sprocket slides onto...Any suggestions?

How about a local engine builder? I bought an E303 without the dowel pins included and the machine shop where I got all the engine machining done just gave one to me. Worth a shot.

I have 3 brand new longer ones sitting in my tool box. They will work if you dont reuse the oil slinger or fuel pump eccentric or what ever the hell that round thing that bolts to the front of the timing chain is. You are welcome to one but I would think you could prolly find one locally before this one would arrive in the mail from TX.