Camshaft questions? Lope, good sc cam

kickascii

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2000
Inwood,WV
1190 roller cam (.493/.510 212*/221*)

Would this have a choppy idle? I have a powercharger 174 on my carb running 12 lbs of boost...

Would it be considered a "good" sc cam over the stock shaft?

• Sponsors (?)

The Wolverine 1190 is a great cam, they aren't made anymore and they are nearly impossible to find. It's pretty similar to a TFS stg 1 however. I think it would work good with your combo, as it's not a real big cam. Anything bigger would be a waste with stock heads in my opinion. It will sound good, won't be real choppy as it doesn't have a whole lot of duration. Mine is kinda choppy, but it's 222/232, 510/534.

most street super charger cams have a very stock idle, and to be honest the factory HO roller cam does pretty well in boosted situations (many guys over 400RWHP with stock cam). If your looking for some lope their are some good N2O cams that work well for boost.
try a comp cams grind NX264HR or NX274HR

I knoiw... I stuck between boost and a nice lopey cam. Both are awesome. Howver, I already have a powercharger 174 blower that works great.. Sooooo. I could always change... :)

The wolverine 1190 seems to be good enough for now on my stock rebuilt motor. I was running 12.06 on completely stock engine. with a new motor and slightly larger cam, I should be a high 11 second car.