can anyone lookup a ford part #?

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
15 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
i'm still messing with trying to get a tail-light/body harness for the car, basically bought one listed for an 89gt, but turned out being a 90+ (airbag crap in the harness), sent it back and just got a replacement, but it seems a little "off" still. actually found a part number tag on it, and was hoping to find a lookup for it to see what its actually out of.

number is E7ZB-14405-AL.

• Sponsors (?)

That fits an 87, for an 89 you need E9ZB-14405-AD.

is there really a significant difference? i would think that the 87-89 harness would be the same, and i know the 90+ harness is different because of the airbag crap (already went through that one). really i just wanted to see if they listed it as a 5.0 or 4-banger harness, since my gt harness has provisions for power lumbar and mirrors, while this one i got off ebay does not (its also hacked to pieces).

depends on where the harness is located.

E7 doesn't necessariliy mean the part came off a 1987. It just means the part was engineered for the 1987 model year and used on 87+ Mustangs

Plenty of 1993 Mustangs still run E7 part numbers...hell the heads are E7 heads still.

The part may be still usable if there were no changes made in 1989. I don't see why the taillights would be changed. ThE MAF harness can be removed from a 1989 and integrated into an 87-88 easily so i'd imagine the rear part of the car stayed the same up til 1990 when airbags and other changes were made

E7 doesn't necessariliy mean the part came off a 1987. It just means the part was engineered for the 1987 model year and used on 87+ Mustangs

Plenty of 1993 Mustangs still run E7 part numbers...hell the heads are E7 heads still.

The part may be still usable if there were no changes made in 1989. I don't see why the taillights would be changed. ThE MAF harness can be removed from a 1989 and integrated into an 87-88 easily so i'd imagine the rear part of the car stayed the same up til 1990 when airbags and other changes were made

thats what im thinking, but from what im seeing, this harness i got is missing all the power options from around the seat area, so no plugs for lumbar, mirrors, etc.

pics for comparison:
what i got (yes, its burned up, thats why i need a new one)
View attachment 244246
View attachment 244247
View attachment 244248

what i got sent (the second time around, the first i got was a 90-93)
View attachment 244249
View attachment 244250

same section of harness, you can see the fuel pump relay connection (green).

I understand that. I sell parts for 25 years and have a lot of friends in the business. Two of my good friends work at Ford dealers in the parts department. I had one of the check and he said it was for an 87.