can anyone tell me if this is a t-5 or aod hanger?

• Sponsors (?)

dragnazz5.0 said:
thats an exhaust hanger...?....but i dont understand why it would be any different

couldnt tell you why, but that will NOT work on a t5... it has something to do witht the body of the tranny and its size (the tranny mount is further foreword (or back i forgot which) than the t5). plus the AOD one interferes with the t5 speedo cable/gear. i ran no hanger for a month then i found a t5 one.

Well the statement about not needing it may or may not be true. If you are using a full OEM cat h-pipe you will need it. The weight of the h-pipe alone is enough to put stress on the hangers and collectors of the headers. The reason this bracket exists is due to holding the h-pipe. If you are using a off road unit then it is true you wont need it.

Allen

i disagree i had an old off road h pipe and it got destoryed cause those hangers werent there so i went out and bought an bbk off road h pipe went to put it on the hanger bars on the h pipe didnt line up but i put it on any way, Couple weeks and bumps latter the weight of the pipe pulled the flange threw the ball so i riged it up with a coat hanger were the hanger is no problem

I have a factory 4-cat h-pipe on my car. Been there for 2 years without any hangers and it's been fine. Nopt using the hangers makes it so much to install the pipe.

If you are wondering, i had a off-road pipe but put the stock one on for inspection and never got around to swapping back.

i am running the stock pipe for now, someday when i switch it will still be a catted pipe due to emmisiions where i live and not wanting to deal with swapping it on and off at smog time....

i guess i just won't worry about it, if and when i find a cheap one i'll get it just so i have it incase i need it....thats kinda why i was looking at that one i posted the pic of, but i was making sure it was for a t-5 which obviously it isn't.........i'll just have to make up my own mind when i do the swap if i think it's nessesary or not....:D looks like half of you are running them and half aren't........go figure....