Paint and Body Can Frame Rack Ruin/damage New Suspension Parts?

jrp27540

Sep 9, 2016
I have a feeling my car has frame issues due to an accident in its past(before I owned the car). My concern of frame issues has grown during my process of rebuilding the suspension. I have a feeling that there may be issues with getting the front end aligned. I have started calling around to obtain quotes to get the car on a frame rack and straighten it out.

At this point, I have the front and back suspension removed. Im working on installing lowering springs, new shocks, new rear control arms and new bushings throughout. Should I stop where I am and put all the old stuff back on and get the car straightened out, or should I be OK putting it back together with the new parts? My concern would be that the frame rack could cause damage to the new bushings and parts. I REALLY don't want to do all this work again though....

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

You shouldn't have any oroblem problem with the parts and a frame pull. The tech won't hook up to any suspension parts.

The biggest problem you'll have with a tweaked frame and new parts will be wether you are able to reassemble the car after pulling off the old parts.

Me? I would wait till you have your frame straightened out.

You can get an idea on how bad it is by doing some simple square measurements. Do one of the body and one of the engine bay. This will give you an idea of what you're up against.

You shouldn't have any oroblem problem with the parts and a frame pull. The tech won't hook up to any suspension parts.

The biggest problem you'll have with a tweaked frame and new parts will be wether you are able to reassemble the car after pulling off the old parts.

Me? I would wait till you have your frame straightened out.

You can get an idea on how bad it is by doing some simple square measurements. Do one of the body and one of the engine bay. This will give you an idea of what you're up against.

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to put it back together using the old parts...but I can't even get the original drive side control arm in now lol... it was a a very tight fit when removing it. It looks like I'll have to do some bending to get things back together then let it sit till I can get the car on a frame rack... :(