Can I put a T56 from a camaro in my car? Whats needed?

• Sponsors (?)

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Whats D&Ds website/phone?

http://www.dndmotorsports.com/

D&D motorsports said:
Welcome to D & D Motorsports, Inc.
Contact Information Page
Our staff is available for your questions,
please email or call us about information on parts and orders.

Phone Lines:
Sales: 661-260-2226
Main Offices: 661-260-2226

Mailing Address
25435 Rye Canyon
Valencia, California 91355-1206

Email Addresses
Sales: [email protected]
Technical Infornation: [email protected]
General Information: [email protected]
never done business w/ them, but is that it? hmm, they're pretty close to my house

My plan is to run a D&D performance close ratio T56 (2.66-first and 0.5 sixth) in my '94 with a 4.30 rear.

The close ratio T56 will be within 100rpm of each other to your factory T5 (for 1st and final overdrive) if you run a 4.10. I drove my buddies caprice with a close ratio T56 and a 4.10 rear and liked it, but wanted to go slightly more aggressive.

I have an excel sheel calculator for tire size, tranny gear, and rear end gear for finding rpm at a specific mph. PM me if anyone wants it.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
So just adding this T56 wouldnt be a great idea? I can get it for > $700 out of a 2001 Camaro thats getting a auto swapped in .

That's lame... The 6-speed Camaros are much rarer than the Autos. The people you are swapping it from are making a big mistake. They shouldn't ruin a perfectly good Camaro. They should just sell it and buy an auto. :mad:

After you swap in the transmission, next thing you'll tell us is that you are going to drop in a LS1 motor :nonono: