Can I remove the three small metal box's behind front frame/bumper? Airbags?

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il
Well, trying to clean up and engine bay and surroundings.

Behind the front frame rail is three small metal box's with wires. two go towards the passenger firewall. the other goes to the driver fire wall.

to give yo a better idea of where they are located....

there is one in the center, next to the hood latch. the other two are directly behind the headlights.

they do not say anything. I think they alert the airbag. If so I do not need these as I will be installing a aftermarket steering wheel.

is there any downside of removing these? thanx

• Sponsors (?)

the airbag light will flash, after i popped my bag in my wreck i removed them and there is no trouble you can remove the plugs back at the fire wall or redneck it like i did and just cut and tape te wires, although if nothing is wrong with it i would keep the bag

bryce93lx said:
the airbag light will flash, after i popped my bag in my wreck i removed them and there is no trouble you can remove the plugs back at the fire wall or redneck it like i did and just cut and tape te wires, although if nothing is wrong with it i would keep the bag

qft.

And to add, airbags DO save lives people, keep that in mind when taking them out.

DeVus1 said:
And to add, airbags DO save lives people, keep that in mind when taking them out.
Yes, true...but I imagine seatbelts save far more. There are plenty of Mustangs (and other cars) out there without airbags and they're perfectly fine. Just wear your seatbelt.