can some please explain dial in

• Sponsors (?)

Without going under the "Dial-In" E.T.

Example. Say your Mustang runs 13.50's consistently (it's a nice even #). You get lined up against a serious drag car that runs the 1/4 in 8.50 seconds. If you use those #'s for each car's dial-in (respectivly). The tree turns green for you 5 seconds before the drag car. If you both run your dial-in, then reaction time will win the race. It keeps it fair for different speed cars. If you run a 13.49 second run and beat the faster car to the traps, you loose the race because you "broke-out" (effectivly lied about how fast your car was). If you run slower 13.55 seconds, but still get to the traps first, you win.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
When I run at moroso, I run dial-in just because we get to go before all the cars that blow up, less lines(so the car stays cooler) and thats where all the fast cars are. Sportsman is for newbies.

:scratch: 3 out of the 4 times i went, it was a car from supercomp ( is that what its called? ) that hit the wall. i think im going friday, clutch should be broken in by then.

illwood said:
Without going under the "Dial-In" E.T.

Example. Say your Mustang runs 13.50's consistently (it's a nice even #). You get lined up against a serious drag car that runs the 1/4 in 8.50 seconds. If you use those #'s for each car's dial-in (respectivly). The tree turns green for you 5 seconds before the drag car. If you both run your dial-in, then reaction time will win the race. It keeps it fair for different speed cars. If you run a 13.49 second run and beat the faster car to the traps, you loose the race because you "broke-out" (effectivly lied about how fast your car was). If you run slower 13.55 seconds, but still get to the traps first, you win.

Bracket racing. Gotta love it. (sometimes)