Can Somebody Give Me A Name For These Parts?

TiffanyGT

Feb 3, 2017
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG

I went to adjust my seat last night and it froze. Above part allows the seat to go forward and back but I'm not sure what to search to find a replacement. Luckily, we were able to swap the one from the passenger side so the driver's seat can be adjusted until I find a replacement. I obviously need a set.

Also, what is this discolored piece of plastic with the screw in it called? I'm doing a complete full front belts replacement and am wondering if I can replace that piece and what colors are available. It looks like crap and I'm thinking of changing belt color.

I assume you can find both parts somewhere online. I've been frequenting LMR.

Thanks!
Tiffany

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I'll check it out. I've been on lmr, etc and I can't seem to come up with anything. I searched front seat, driver seat, etc, and nothing. I don't know if it's even a part you can buy and replace since it's part of the seat. You would think you could. You can see how rusted mine is. I had a suggestion of possibly getting some piano wire and trying to make one. Maybe you could swap out the little cylindrical pieces a reuse those? I can always run by Ford. Hopefully, they could steer me in the right direction for both if nobody here knows.

Tiffany

Thank you for the replies. I now have something to go on. Yes, bezel. I have found them online. Mine are in good shape except for the discoloration. Has anyone tried using inferior paint? I see LMR has interior paint for both vinyl and plastic. It's supposed to be color matched, but I wonder how closely it matches. I've seen a lot of discussion about SEM products as well. I'm thinking about going with black with some of the interior to avoid mismatched grays. I went with black replacement sun visors for this reason. I am also leaning toward black front seat belts as well.

I will do more research on the broken part that is part of the seat track assembly. I still wonder if we couldn't make something. It may be worth a shot.

Tiffany

I will do more research on the broken part that is part of the seat track assembly. I still wonder if we couldn't make something. It may be worth a shot.

Tiffany

I'm sure you could make something. All that part does is unlatch the locking mechanism for the opposite side when you pull the level to adjust the seat. So really, all you need is some sort of wire, and then a means to secure it.

Basically you just need to measure up the length of the original rod, and then get some thin wire and a few wire clamps and make something like this
0029394_wire-and-cable-clamp-for-up-to-8mm-diameter-cable.jpe

Beats spending $50+ for a new manual seat track.

Reactions: 1 user