Can somebody post pics of their installed torque box reinforcements, please?

stangboy

Founding Member
Aug 31, 1999
New Orleans, LA
Hey guys, I got a call the other day from the shop doing my subframe connectors and torque box reinforcements that the car was ready. When I was checking the car out I noticed that they didn't weld the upper plates that are inside the car. They said they welded everything on the outside of the car just not the stuff on the inside. I told them that I wanted everything welded so they kept the car so they can weld the those plates. Should I let it go without the inside plates being welded or should I still get them to weld that stuff too?

So if you guys could show me some pics of your installed(welded) torque box reinforcements that would give me something to compare mine to. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I always weld the entire setup, top and bottom. I don't have any pictures however. If you don't weld the top then it won't transfer any of the load from the torque box into the surrounding metal and would thus be pointless. I also cut a pocket into the interior side of the frame rail and add a 2x2x1/4 steel plate to the frame for the bolt to go through thus tying in the torque box to the frame rail far better than the spot welds.