Can Someone Explain Lower Control Arms for me? How do they work?

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
I went to the track earlier this week and was pretty pleased with my MPH but not so pleased with my 60ft times and 1/4 mile times. I cant get my 60ft below 2.3. Sometimes it even gets closer to 2.4. As of right now i have the crappy 2.73s in, which i know is not helping matters at all. That will soon change when i get my 4.10s in. I realize then ill have some traction problems, but that problem is solved, cause im planning on getting some new BFG Drag Radials. Everyone at the track was suggesting Lower Control Arms. I know there supposed to really help the launch, but i really dont see how they would, so could someone explain how they help? Im going to get them soon anyways, because they can only help. Also, some guy told me if money is an issue for me "which it is" that i could just get the lowers and hold off on the uppers until i have the money. He said the lowers are what you really want anyways. Is this true?

• Sponsors (?)

lower control arms help your launch because they dont flex like stock control arms do and keep the tires under the car....the car wont kick to the side either with your floor it. there are some kinds of control arms like the lakewood traction action lift bars that actually use torqueing of the axle to lift the body and push down on the axle. one of those things you dont have to understand, you just have to know it works. kind of like the flux capacitor