Can someone explain to me what's wrong? (Clutch)

Gael

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Tucson, AZ
Ok so my new clutch is in, new clutch cable is hooked up and all that fun stuff.

Here's the concern. When the clutch is just sitting, the clutch fork is probably about halfway forward, not leaving much room for the clutch fork to go forward when it is pressed.

DSCF1045.JPG

When I push the clutch, the fork goes forward (to the right), I believe. Am I right?

Also, there is hardly any tension on the clutch pedal at all, I'm not sure what's up with that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, the clutch fork sits that far forward when the clutch cable isn't even attached to it.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks to me like the assembled height of the disc, plate, and t/o bearing is too short.

Don't know that it is really an issue, as long as it releases cleanly, but does seem to be little room left.

Did you by chance happen to note any major differences in the parts that were removed vs the ones that went in?

THE COBRAMAN said:
Did you by chance happen to note any major differences in the parts that were removed vs the ones that went in?

Like a really thick disk or thin bearing?

My first guess is you got a thinner throw out bearing than it should have.

My first concern would be the bearing hitting the arm in an area other than the tits, my second concern would be the tits being off the center line of the bearing so far as to unduely twist and stress the bearing during use.

Another concern would be the arm hitting the plate.

Got lots of room for wear.

Other than these concers, how well does it work?

About the light pedal pressure? Maybe your last cable was binding thus skewing your perception, Other than that it's just a guess. If you have the clutch installed coorectly (which I guess is the question) and the disk and plate are a matched set either the plates defective or theres nothing wrong.

:shrug: