Can someone help me out with my 1994 Mustang GT

ok guys so i got my rad hose done for 60 bucks the one on top was about to explode... and the bottom is good. now they are telling me that i have fuel related problems? one of the pistons is clogged or isnt geting the right amount of gas?wtf lol do i have a v7 now... haha thats weired v7. so i have to get that done idk how thats gna be done but u got to do what u got to do

WOW!
$60 for a Rad Hose upper.

IDK whether to do a :nonono: or a :rlaugh:

If you car can get you from pt A to pt B for now, I would get a 2nd opinion on that V7 :lol:
RC

• Sponsors (?)

We've been trying to tell ya that you need to get some shadetree assistance.

You will really want to get a repair manual and read through it. Then with all the issues your car has, search about them in here. Then post up threads if you don't find an answer.
For instance, to replace an upper radiator hose, you drain a little coolant, undo two clamps and remove the hose. Reinstallation is reverse of removal.

A code reader costs 35 bucks and is very helpful. You can use a paperclip to retrieve codes as well.

Good luck.

is 60 alot? damn wtf i dnt know how to do it... and that was with a discount...shyt man just tell me so i know

Like Hissin' said we have been trying to tell you...under $20 you can get a BRAND new hose and 2 clamps.. they charged you the shop labor, which is usually $50-$75/hr and a minimum of 1 hour for any job.

I dont blame you for being unsure....I am not the most mechanical dude here, but you can own a car like this and not be able to do basics..

For example...can you change your own oil? If not, learn now and ask questions...we will help you :nice:
RC

yeah i was the same way when i first got my mustang..i didnt know much but then i got the haynes book and read through it some..also help to get out there and try some stuff for your self.. its gonna cost way to much to keep taking it to a shop..good luck man

he had this small pocket size device and he plugged it to my car and it showed all my problems i was like omg thats alot of stuff and started to laugh

This handheld device is not for universal use. If code means something to do with fuel on the handheld on the import, it will be something totally different in FORD application.

Check the code and post it here i will check them for you :)

:eek: that's all up to you.3 grand to get it back into stock condition,plus the 2 grand you bought it for.looking at it,does it look like a 5 thousand dollar mustang?that's a tough one.i wish i had an answer for you.

ok the stang needs alot alot alot of repairs lolz it would cost me a good 3 thousand to get it back to excellent condition is it worth it? i bought the car for 2000

That's too vague a question for us. YOU have to decide, but if you want US to help you out, we would need a general idea of what you are being told "needs" to be done, and what you are being quoted....
If you were charged $60 for a radiator hose, God only knows what the other charges are for. Get us up a list of "problems" and their estimates.

RC

Hey dude. Don't feel so bad I bought my car for Around that price range and it wasn't even running LOL.:) It had excellent paint and it is indeed convertible (i live in cali so i gotta have my tops off). I threw in way more then 3k so far. That includes upgrades and tranny and new heads.

SO You got a good mustang. :) FIX IT and BLOW new hondas away.

I hate hondas! I hate'em hate'em hate'em! Plastic fantastic. I hate working on them and i hate driving them. Everytime i am trying to replace parts on one of these dam car i break something... It's "LEGO"

Nissans are cool:)

my car is sweet and all but its weird sometimes it bad and sometimes when its warmed up good it kicks ass lol... today i was driving around and i gunned the peddal and didnt move but after that when the light turned green i gunned it again and it flewww i was like wtf i dnt get it it felt like i had full power again like beast status lol 0-60 in about a little less then 5 seconds...bad days its 0-60 in about realistic 8 seconds

my car is sweet and all but its weird sometimes it bad and sometimes when its warmed up good it kicks ass lol... today i was driving around and i gunned the peddal and didnt move but after that when the light turned green i gunned it again and it flewww i was like wtf i dnt get it it felt like i had full power again like beast status lol 0-60 in about a little less then 5 seconds...bad days its 0-60 in about realistic 8 seconds

Dude...I have NO idea what you just said :shrug:

Washington_Drunk_Driving_Attorneys.jpg

Ok you got a stang for $2000...its in NY so its got some rust on the undercarriage im sure..paint doesnt look stock? I could be wrong. I personally wouldnt dump $3k on a east coast car unless it was garaged...$2000 for a GT is still a awesome deal...but with the added $3k its questionable...expecially if the car has a repaint?

I got my black on black 95 GTS for $3600 120xxx miles...Im ver mechanically inclined(tech) and usually dont reccomend older cars for people who dont work on them.

If I was you Id keep the 5.0 and learn to fix it yourself...however if you a family man or dont have time to work on it then Id suggest a newer car

agree ^^^. i got mine for $3000 w/ 94,000. clean engine,good interior and garaged kept .....sort off. it has a tiny bit of issues but easy to fix. this is my first stang and im doing pretty good for a rookie :nice:

i say if your going to buy an old used car, make sure you know what your getting yourself into and do research. find a shop that knows and works on mustangs. i several close to me and i take there if i cant fix a problem.

While some of that could be true, Id definitely get a second opinion. A lot of shops are hard up for work and if they know you dont really have a clue about cars, theyll probably have a field day with you. Id search your area for a reputable shop and try again.