Can someone please identify this

sc mustang

Mar 23, 2009
Looks like a condenser but the guy at Autozone said there was no condenser in a 95 electronic ignition system. This was mounted next to the coil. There is one wire going to it only. If you know what it is - can you also tell me where that wire goes and what this device does?

Still fighting Mustang electric problems and I'm digging deep now.

Attachments

• Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Sponsors (?)

not 100% sure on this, but I think its called a "ballast resistor"....meant to keep the juice going to the coil/ spark plugs at a constant voltage....

, sure someone has a positive answer though...

hope that helps, good luck

Looks like a condenser but the guy at Autozone said there was no condenser in a 95 electronic ignition system. This was mounted next to the coil. There is one wire going to it only. If you know what it is - can you also tell me where that wire goes and what this device does?

Still fighting Mustang electric problems and I'm digging deep now.

It's a radio noise suppression capacitor. Ford calls it a "radio ignition interference capacitor".

It's a radio noise suppression capacitor. Ford calls it a "radio ignition interference capacitor".

*DING* *DING* *DING* *DING* *DING*

Give this man a cigar!

:D

If something is wrong with that capacitor, you'll hear engine RPM in your radio as static. Not sure where else it would manifest.