Can someone tell me what size wrench to remove rear sway bar?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I gotta head to the boneyard this weekend to snag a few items...one of which are the two parking cable guides for the rear disk brakes.

Can someone tell me what size wrench is needed to take out the sway bar bolts??

The Mustangs are at the back of this huge yard and i an not dragging my entire toolbox in there.

I need to get a set of these bad larry's
attachment.php

Attachments

• mustangpics565.jpg
    mustangpics565.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Sponsors (?)

They come on SN95's. FOx's just happen to use the same sway bar bolts as the SN95 which is why i asked here.

So tomorrow i'm hoping to find some V6's that someone hasn't robbed them off already. :(

They are $12-15ish each from Ford. I just wanted to see if i can get them from the yard before forking over $25-30 for them.

P/N F5ZZ-2530-AA

those look alot better than the zip ties im using right now... if you can snag a second set ill buy them off you. none of the yards around here have any mustangs

I'll see what i can round up. Last time i was there most of the Mustangs had the brake stuff and/or axles already stripped off. Hoping there's some fresh meat there

They usually all do.

This one actually has about 10 SN95's, and 3 foxes in them.

It even has BMW's, Porsche's, Benz's, Corvettes, and Audi's. Last time I was there i saw FOUR complete Explorer 5.0 engines still in the trucks. If i didn't already have GT-40P's i would have gone after some!

SO if anyone in MA wants Exploder stuff...this yard has them.

It should be no problem to find a set of those. Most people over look them anyway.

I did the exact same thing you are doing. Called Ford and they wanted $20/piece. Went to the local J/Y and had plenty of V6 SN95's to choose from. I think I paid $10 total.

FYI, my zip ties (temp solution) kept breaking. The cable would then rub and bounce around on the tire. I would highly recommend finding a set of these brackets for any of you 5-lug rear disk guys.

Well i went during lunch today. Stupid me ONLY took the 15mm wrench. Well, i guess the v6's use a smaller bolt since there is no bar.

I think it's a 12mm or 13mm. I'll have to go back now. :(

Most cars still had the brackets, but a lot were rusty. There were only 1 or 2 with nice rust free brackets.

Got em. 13mm on the cars without a sway bar.

I only got one set. It was starting to rain so i just wanted to be in and out.

I also scored an 87-89 GT warning light pod :) It was installed in some 4-banger LX :shrug:

Just bring the whole tool box with you... but leave it in the car when you go to the junkyard. Then take whatever few tools you think you'll need inside the yard, you can always go back to the car if you need something else. I do it that way because every mofo wants to borrow my tools when I walk past them with the tool box. Arrrgg!