can the sct x2 read a/f ratio?

• Sponsors (?)

There is no such thing. If you want a GOOD a/f reader (aka a wide band), they will run you $400-$500. Just get it read on a dyno with a sniffer. Usually they are accurate enough.

AmBo said:
There is no such thing. If you want a GOOD a/f reader (aka a wide band), they will run you $400-$500. Just get it read on a dyno with a sniffer. Usually they are accurate enough.
I beg to differ. I've had a/f ratio readings from a sniffer that were way lean like 15-16:1 and rich to 10:1, WITHOUT any mods done. I would not say sniffers are accurate at all. They are good for tuning if you do the pulls within a small timeframe and keep the weather conditions similar.

For a/f ratio sensors for the Xcal2, there is also such a thing as the Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2 sensor for just under $200. It will plug into the Xcal2 and will let you record a/f ratio. It is far more accurate than a tailpipe sniffer.

propellerhead said:
For a/f ratio sensors for the Xcal2, there is also such a thing as the Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2 sensor for just under $200. It will plug into the Xcal2 and will let you record a/f ratio. It is far more accurate than a tailpipe sniffer.
yup