Can you do this?

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
Moorhead, Minnesota
I have an aftermarket headunit in my car which does NOT use the factory amps. Right now the amp that powered my subs is in the factory getting fixed because it came with a cold solder joint, so right now my cars running off the tweeters and the 6x8's in the back or whatever they are. I have a 4channel amp that i want to hook up to the stock "sub" speakers in the doors that do not work due to not utilizing the factory amps as well as the rear 6x8's. I was wondering if you guys knew if it was possible to buy male adapters that are used in the factory setup so i dont have to cut the factory wiring to hook the amp to the speakers. The piece im talking about is in these pictures...

7a91d246.jpg

53afa38c.jpg

Any place (radio shack/ace hardware/etc.) that you think might sell them so i can just disconnect the factor "male" and connect the amplified one instead, or is my best bet to just cut the wires about 3 inches back from the adapter and connect the amplified wires instead? That way im figuring if i HAVE to use the factory wiring i can at least fairly easily revert back to the stock setup if i ever need to.

Attachments

• 7a91d246.jpg
    7a91d246.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 53afa38c.jpg
    53afa38c.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Sponsors (?)

Just crimp some spade connectors to the end of some speaker wire, and slip them in. Get the shielded ones. You can get a little container of like 20 connectors from Autozone for like $3. That way, you can always go back to the stock setup, without having anything cut.

I might just be in luck now too. Another friend of mine locally that owns a Mustang who knows nothing of my ordeal just called me tonight asking if i needed any interior parts or whatnot for my car. I guess a friend of his got in a little accident and is parting out interior/exterior parts AND just my luck he had the mach 460 in there. SO i might just be able to take all his connections and just use them on mine so it'll be a perfect fit. If not i'll look into the spade connectors, my dad has a bunch of them being as he's an electrical engineer by trade.

Are you just looking for a way to connect to the wire harness of your current system so you dont have to splice into it? I know I dont have my amp for my speakers hooked up yet but my stock ones where blown so I went to best buy actually and they have a connector that connects directly into the stock wire harness so you dont have to splice. they where maybe $5-10