Can you replace metal fuel line with rubber hose under by the gas tank?

Rusted97Beater

Jan 30, 2019
Illinois
Hey everyone, I’m new here. My fuel line under the car in between the gas tank and fuel filter rusted out and started spraying fuel. Could I just cut the rusted line out and replace it with a rubber hose and hose clamps? I tried looking up where I would even buy the metal fuel line but I can’t find it. Thank you.

• Sponsors(?)

Grim Repair

Dec 24, 2018
Hey everyone, I’m new here. My fuel line under the car in between the gas tank and fuel filter rusted out and started spraying fuel. Could I just cut the rusted line out and replace it with a rubber hose and hose clamps? I tried looking up where I would even buy the metal fuel line but I can’t find it. Thank you.

I would not do it that way it will eventually leak and if you don't put some kind of flare on the steel line it will probably leak the same day. I made the video below on fuel lines in the description there are links to what you will need, including some steel fuel line I am not sure what size you need. You will need to bend and flare it though. I don't know where you would get pre made line other than a junk yard.

View: https://youtu.be/go8JNvbuGG8

Reactions: Rusted97Beater