Can you take apart stock seat tracks?

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys, just wondering is there anyway to take the stock seat track off the rail and have the bracket sperated from the track? I've been messing with it for a while and cant figure it out.

• Sponsors (?)

So I gather you're still attempting to install your C/L bargain pink racing seat? Seriously? By the time you figure out how to mount it, buy the fabric to recover it, pay somebody to cover it in a less flamboyant color, you could've bought two Chinese Corbeau wannabe's.
I mean really,....if I were you I'd be trying to figure out how to mount that seat to the bottom of my trash can.

And you think a Zephyr is ugly?

So I gather you're still attempting to install your C/L bargain pink racing seat? Seriously? By the time you figure out how to mount it, buy the fabric to recover it, pay somebody to cover it in a less flamboyant color, you could've bought two Chinese Corbeau wannabe's.
I mean really,....if I were you I'd be trying to figure out how to mount that seat to the bottom of my trash can.

And you think a Zephyr is ugly?

Wow you must really be butt hurt about your car huh?

The cover for it is already made and its black, and foam replaced, just needs to be glued and stapled to the frame. $70 on the seat $30 on the fabric I made ok on a real sparco seat. And I actually already mounted it with the stock rails on the seats but if I could get the stock rails off the brackets I could use the sparco slider with it instead of the stock sliders.

Anyone else have anything incredibly enlightening to add or is this gonna be it?

Your car is still ugly.

CAM00497.jpg

Naah, I just figured that you needed some advice on mounting the seat, and I offered a solid suggestion as to where you should mount it. (How you mount it is your business)
So you're gonna take off a cut, seamed, and sewn cover, and "glue and staple" the replacement fabric over that frame?
Please post up pics as you go, I'm dying to see them.

A few additional observations/questions.

What makes an "800.00 seat" worth 800.00 anyway? Is there some extra ass holding bolsters in that seat that makes it special over even a real Corbeau at half that price?
You gonna remove the other seat, or keep the stock seat in the passenger side?
That'll be dope Yo. :poo:

AND......

Now that you mention it, yes,.... My ass feels waay better now. I appreciate you asking.

Guess this is about as enlightened a response as you're gonna get.

Yea you're really making yourself seem as immature as you are making me out to be. The fact is, if you didnt want people to say anything about your car, dont post it on a mustang forum. I dont go on Civic forums posting my Mustang and then get all upset when they dont like it. They're many cars I dont like. The whole thing was to be taken lightly but obviously you were offended. Sorry but take it to a Zephyr forum.....if they even have any.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VY5I8G/?tag=stangnet-20

The seat is actually $370, what makes it that price I guess is that's what it's sold for, so I guess that is what people are willing and able to pay. Supply and demand, pretty basic stuff.

And yes I am going to glue and staple the new seat cover back on, you know why? Because, that's how they did it from the factory. The "cover" is a cut, seamed, and sewn cover using the old one as a mold.

CAM00485.jpg

Yes I am going to keep the stock seat on the passenger side. Anything else?

I didnt ask for advice on where to mount it, I asked how to remove the stock tracks from the brackets.

Troll.

Your car is still ugly...

Reactions: 1 user
Yea you're really making yourself seem as immature as you are making me out to be. The fact is, if you didnt want people to say anything about your car, dont post it on a mustang forum. I dont go on Civic forums posting my Mustang and then get all upset when they dont like it. They're many cars I dont like. The whole thing was to be taken lightly but obviously you were offended. Sorry but take it to a Zephyr forum.....if they even have any.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VY5I8G/?tag=stangnet-20

The seat is actually $370, what makes it that price I guess is that's what it's sold for, so I guess that is what people are willing and able to pay. Supply and demand, pretty basic stuff.

And yes I am going to glue and staple the new seat cover back on, you know why? Because, that's how they did it from the factory. The "cover" is a cut, seamed, and sewn cover using the old one as a mold.

CAM00485.jpg

Yes I am going to keep the stock seat on the passenger side. Anything else?

I didnt ask for advice on where to mount it, I asked how to remove the stock tracks from the brackets.

Troll.

You're car is still ugly...

I guess right about now your saying JEEZ! If the guy thinks the seat is ugly, why doesn't he just STFU and move on....I mean If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it right?
** Note to self: Maybe I should think about that.
Next time you post something, I'd offer this as a guideline for whether or not it could be taken out of context by another reader:

Would you make that comment standing in front of the intended recipient?:shrug:

I'll bet if you apply that logic, there wont be anybody stalking you the next time you post something.

No that's not really what I was thinking. You're post was inteded to just show off your aquisition of a car. You asked no question and left it open for anyone to respond or give an opinion. Had your thread been "Just picked up this car how do I remove the windhsield wipers", I would not have responded. My thread was a direct question, the logic would be if you dont know the answer (which is ok if you dont, we all know you can slather bondo all over a car and call it a original piece of work, but you dont have to know everything) then maybe you shouldnt say anything at all. But if you are asking me if I would tell you that car is god ugly in person? Yes, I would, so why not say it on a forum where the topic is left open for discussion?

I guess right about now your saying JEEZ! If the guy thinks the seat is ugly, why doesn't he just STFU and move on....I mean If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it right?
** Note to self: Maybe I should think about that.
Next time you post something, I'd offer this as a guideline for whether or not it could be taken out of context by another reader:

Would you make that comment standing in front of the intended recipient?:shrug:

I'll bet if you apply that logic, there wont be anybody stalking you the next time you post something.

No that's not really what I was thinking. You're post was inteded to just show off your aquisition of a car. You asked no question and left it open for anyone to respond or give an opinion. Had your thread been "Just picked up this car how do I remove the windhsield wipers", I would not have responded. My thread was a direct question, the logic would be if you dont know the answer (which is ok if you dont, we all know you can slather bondo all over a car and call it a original piece of work, but you dont have to know everything) then maybe you shouldnt say anything at all. But if you are asking me if I would tell you that car is god ugly in person? Yes, I would, so why not say it on a forum where the topic is left open for discussion?

Man, this is like talking to a brick wall.
I asked no questions, nor did I solicit an opinion from anyone. You're correct in stating that the intent of the thread was to "announce" that I was looking at buying that car, but nowhere was I asking whether or not you or anyone else liked it.
I was asking if you were inconsiderate enough to actually insult somebody to their face, and you confirmed that you are.
The whole purpose of me getting on your worn out pink seat "related" thread was to demonstrate how a negative, unsolicited comment has no merit regardless of the intent. (wasted on you obviously)
As for my contribution in response to any of the myriad of other blather you post daily, I chose to ignore it, and say nothing, as I cannot offer anything positive to say to you.

Man, this is like talking to a brick wall.
I asked no questions, nor did I solicit an opinion from anyone. You're correct in stating that the intent of the thread was to "announce" that I was looking at buying that car, but nowhere was I asking whether or not you or anyone else liked it.
I was asking if you were inconsiderate enough to actually insult somebody to their face, and you confirmed that you are.
The whole purpose of me getting on your worn out pink seat "related" thread was to demonstrate how a negative, unsolicited comment has no merit regardless of the intent. (wasted on you obviously)
As for my contribution in response to any of the myriad of other blather you post daily, I chose to ignore it, and say nothing, as I cannot offer anything positive to say to you.

It's not that I'm inconsiderate I'm just not fake, if we were to, hypothetically, have a conversation and the subject of a Zephyr arose I am going to be like "Yea man, really not feeling that car, it's pretty ugly".

I dont care if you make negative comments, I wasn't offended about what you said of the seats, I really dont care what others think, obviously you do. It's the internet, lighten up old man.

Your car is still ugly though, for real.

This is kind of pointless and immature though, so what ever, sorry for making fun of your car.

Now does anyone know how to take the stock seat brackets off the stock tracks?

This is kind of pointless and immature though, so what ever, sorry for making fun of your car.

Now does anyone know how to take the stock seat brackets off the stock tracks?
There is a v shaped "stop" or a rivet that keeps the upper and lower track together,...you'll have to grind that stop or rivet off to allow the two pieces to seperate,