Canister purge valve vacuum line plugged

Black GT

Sep 8, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
About 6 months ago I found a big hole in the vacuum line coming off the intake (behind throttle body) that goes to the canister purge valve. The line run behind the passenger side fender and disappears. So I just ran about 2 feet of new hose from the intake and stuck a bolt in the other end of the hose to plug it. Could this cause a intermediate high idle problem (around 1500 rpm)? Or any problems at all?

• Sponsors (?)

Any engine codes? I got P1443 earlier this year in my convertible. Changed the sensor and the code went away for a while. Then the valve went out so I put a good used one in or so I thought. Took me a while to figure out the valve worked intermittently. Before I figured that out, I replaced the vaccum line to the charcoal box because it was dry rotted. At no time did the car act or drive funny when any of this was happening. Just the CEL.

I would reconnect the vacuum line when you have a chance. You just have to pull the fender liner back to get your hand in there.

Reactions: 1 user
Any engine codes? I got P1443 earlier this year in my convertible. Changed the sensor and the code went away for a while. Then the valve went out so I put a good used one in or so I thought. Took me a while to figure out the valve worked intermittently. Before I figured that out, I replaced the vaccum line to the charcoal box because it was dry rotted. At no time did the car act or drive funny when any of this was happening. Just the CEL.

I would reconnect the vacuum line when you have a chance. You just have to pull the fender liner back to get your hand in there.
No engine codes. Just the ABS light that half the mustangs I see have illuminated. One day I am going to I am going to send the module in and have it fixed.