Cannot make up my mind!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm at the same place as the OP. My car has the early stages of failing clear coat on the passenger side (maybe 30 hairline cracks in the CC per square foot), I'm disappointed in the RWHP figures, and I have a small oil leak at the rear of the engine which causes me to smell fresh sweet oil anytime I get the RPM's above 4K :(

Stupid car...

I'm looking at spending 3-4K for a repaint and at least a few grand to build a new engine w/ flat pistons ported heads and new cams... Meanwhile I could probably sell my car for 4-5K and use that money to go find myself a Mach I, 99-01 Cobra, Bullitt, or S197 GT... decisions, decisions...

The chitty thing is I love the way my car looks right now and to me the SN-95 body style is one of the best looking Mustang body styles produced to date.... the interior of my car is immaculate and even the stock black leather seats are in great condition... I just don't know what to do...

The chitty thing is I love the way my car looks right now and to me the SN-95 body style is one of the best looking Mustang body styles produced to date....
This.
Horse power is not everything. You just need to lighten up the car, there are a lot of ways to do that and utilize every bit of horsepower that mod engine can muster.
New heads and cams, upgrade valves and springs, gaskets. You should be able to get along with maybe 3500.
I'm not slapping force air until the engine is forged w/oil pump, sooooooo my engine was just rebuilt back to stock.
There are a couple N/A engines on this website walking some supercharged apps.
A large displacement supercharger, you are looking to ugrade everything about the car; Air, Fuel, Fire and the cars transmission.
By the way your car is GORGEOUS:drool:. The wheels are nice, but a bit heavy for my taste. Still nice though:nice:.

^ thanks man. I agree about the wheels, they look awesome but they are heavy as frack! I still have my stock aluminum 17x8's and I'm thinking about buying a set of Nitto NT555's for them to use when I go to autocross events or finally run my car at the 1/4. The FR500's are really just intended for cruising in :D