can't decide on paint

hey folks its been a while . been pretty busy but im getting ready to put the 72 in the booth and i cant decide on a color

its been repainted once .its stock color is light brown metalic.
i was thinking orange but i also like the brown with the black out wheels and hood with black out windows (road warrior stlye)

all coments will be appreciated ,
(except the ones i dont like)

Attachments

• !cid_476.jpg
    !cid_476.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 77
  • !cid_961.jpg
    !cid_961.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Sponsors (?)

68stang351: I'm pretty sure that Mach 1 is "Medium Brown Metallic"; which I know is a '73 factory color - at least for Cougars (mine), probably for Mustangs as well.
There are some spots where a couple of layers of paint have flaked off bad bodywork on my Cat; and the underlying enamel is the same color as that Mach. Over the top of that is BC/CC in a color more "copper-y"; that looks pretty good (and may be a 70-71 color); except that the clear is peeling off in all but the right quarter. When the paint ordeal happens, I'd like to match that color, if possible.

wow

oh man that copper beemer is bitch'n
iguess the main reason i thinking of going with the brown is im being cheep.i can just paint the flat black stipes and black out the hood and not repaint the whole car . by the way i seem to remember a thread about rustolium paint jobs,and i thought id let you guys know that my buddy whom i bought this car from did the rustolium 50.00 dollar paint on this car in 1984 and it still holding up .just dont get too close .

i think that ill do the cheep thing for now andwhen i sell a few of my other projects then ill go with the orange with black stripes .

like this but with the black rocker panel stripes.

Attachments

• 11_1_b.jpg
    11_1_b.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 51