Can't Find a Four Eye'd Fox

I've been searching for a 4-eyed foxbody Mustang since I was 16 yrs. old(I'm only 19) and the few I've found have eluded me. One was too high priced, one didn't run and the other got sold while I was on my way to test drive it. I've searched all over, but there don't seem to be any in the Charleston/North Charleston or surrounding areas. I've seen many on craigslist in Columbia however, but I'd hate to drive up there and end up not wanting it or finding out its a piece of crap. I plan on saving up 2 grand this summer and adding that with my tax return next year should get me about 6,000. I'm hoping to find a four eye'd fox for cheap before den though so I can sale my 96 v6:notnice: and get me a 5.0:D. If anyone lives in South Carolina and knows where I could find a fox that would be great. Also which years to avoid and which would be best(obviously the 86 would be best of all). I need this car I have alot planned for it.

• Sponsors (?)

I would suggest buying a clean rust free roller and then coming up with a game plan of exactly what you want out of the car and start building.

Well there've been a few 4-eyed rollers on craigslist that I never looked into, but thats because I would prefer it to be running. I do want a car that I can take to the track, but not for it to be the point where I can't drive it on the street either.

you will get one. It took me forever to get the right GT I wanted. I did alot of driving and looked at overpriced whores, really nice expensive low mileage ones and jerked around a few times. The furthest I drove was 5hrs 1 way and it didn't pan out. Don't let your fustration get the best of you like I almost did and then 1 day out of the blue it will pop up..the car for you. you didn't like my Mr. Miyagi :shrug:. I was trying to give you spiritual intervention & good luck on journeythrough the powers of the Miyagi :D!

you will get one. It took me forever to get the right GT I wanted. I did alot of driving and looked at overpriced whores, really nice expensive low mileage ones and jerked around a few times. The furthest I drove was 5hrs 1 way and it didn't pan out. Don't let your fustration get the best of you like I almost did and then 1 day out of the blue it will pop up..the car for you. you didn't like my Mr. Miyagi :shrug:. I was trying to give you spiritual intervention & good luck on journeythrough the powers of the Miyagi :D!

see i'd have to kill someone if i drove 5 hrs for nothin. I mean i found the car i wanted wen i first turned 18 but there was a lein on the title so i said forget that and went ahead and got the v6 I have now which i regret. I love my v6 but its been abused man.

Well there've been a few 4-eyed rollers on craigslist that I never looked into, but thats because I would prefer it to be running. I do want a car that I can take to the track, but not for it to be the point where I can't drive it on the street either.

Look on the corral.net classifieds also, and FYI just cause u build a car from a roller dosent mean that its not streetable, and streetable comes down to all how the car is built, i have seen 13 and 14 second cars that i would be afraid to drive 10 minutes away but i dont hesitate to drive my low 11 second car to the track and back thats over 50 miles away, beat the crap out of it and then drive home.

Personally, with everything ive done and re-done, i wish i would have bought a roller, i was in a similar position to you, i had money and a DD and could have taken the time to build a car if i wanted to, but at the time i didnt even consider the option

Look on the corral.net classifieds also, and FYI just cause u build a car from a roller dosent mean that its not streetable, and streetable comes down to all how the car is built, i have seen 13 and 14 second cars that i would be afraid to drive 10 minutes away but i dont hesitate to drive my low 11 second car to the track and back thats over 50 miles away, beat the crap out of it and then drive home.

Personally, with everything ive done and re-done, i wish i would have bought a roller, i was in a similar position to you, i had money and a DD and could have taken the time to build a car if i wanted to, but at the time i didnt even consider the option

Thanks i'll search that now, and I know a roller can be street legal, I was just saying when I start workin on it roller or running I don't wanna over or under do it. I wish this roller idea came to me sooner though because a few weeks ago a guy was selling a 5.0 engine for like 200 and another guy was selling a transmission out of a 2000 for about the same. At that time though I thought I was gonna get a 86 but that deal fell thru.

see i'd have to kill someone if i drove 5 hrs for nothin. I mean i found the car i wanted wen i first turned 18 but there was a lein on the title so i said forget that and went ahead and got the v6 I have now which i regret. I love my v6 but its been abused man.

I was pissed and made sure he knew it but not worth getting in legal trouble over. It cracks me up on how some people desciribe and view thier cars. I pretty much have this in mind when going to look at them but this guy was way of base and sometimes pics don't really mean crap. it looked good enough in the pics to get me out there until you actually got within 5ft of it :rlaugh:. The worst 1 was only about 2hrs away, it looked like 2 pitbulls and a poodle went house on the inside of it and that was the good part!

I got lucky with my 4-eye, I was actually on the market for an aero car. I didn't really want a 4 eye at the time (I was 17) but my dad talked be into going to look at it. We drove 2.5 hours for it. I fell in love when I turned the key and the rest is history. I'm 25 now and still have the car.

4 eye cars are getting really hard to find these days. Something to consider is just buying a aero car, building it up, and if you ever come across a good deal on a roller 4-eye down the road, just swap over the drivetrain and any other goodies you had on the aero car, and then sell it off to cover your losses.

Keep in mind that all the time you're wasting looking for the 4-eye car, you could be having fun and doing what you love with an aero car. When it comes right down to it, the headlights are the only difference.

I was pissed and made sure he knew it but not worth getting in legal trouble over. It cracks me up on how some people desciribe and view thier cars. I pretty much have this in mind when going to look at them but this guy was way of base and sometimes pics don't really mean crap. it looked good enough in the pics to get me out there until you actually got within 5ft of it :rlaugh:. The worst 1 was only about 2hrs away, it looked like 2 pitbulls and a poodle went house on the inside of it and that was the good part!

Yea I went thru that my first time around buying a car and thats y i'm really not in the mood to deal with it again. One car i test drove left me stranded on the interstate for an hour. I can deal with driving hrs away to buy a car but not if i'm gonna have to deal with the bullcheese that comes along with it.