cant get o/r h to seal

• Sponsors (?)

got any pics/part numbers? there really isnt any napa's nearby i have autozone and oreilly's. when i say it wont seal, i mean like not a tiny leak, its not sealing at all...everything appears to be lined up well too

I would try autozone. I just got one at NAPA. If it's not sealing at all....is it the wrong donut connector? The gasket is like an 1/8" thick. I don't know if it will solve your problems or not.

Jake

Try an impact gun. That migh get them tight enough. My exhaust had a leak and I went to a local muffler shop and they just impacted it reall quick for me.

But with an o/r pipe a muffler shop might not tough it.

i probably have your answer (someone said it before). i have had an exhaust leak just like that for about a month now. it was from over tightening the bolts and i actually flared out the socket part on the o/r pipe so that it didnt make a full connection. well i went to a speed shop and got some Mr. Gasket exhaust gaskets (autozone and pepboys dont have them so you might need to order online if you dont have a speed shop or napa around). i cut holes for the bolts to go through and just a lil bit bigger of a hole than the opening of the header. loosened the hpipe, slipped them in and tightened them up. boom, month long exhaust leak gone.

now i just have to stop my catback from leakin :(

Try these...Its what i use...the P/N you see on the box should be a good number.I trim the holes out, loosen the connection enuf to slide them in...should cure it...

Attachments

• oct exh gasket.jpg
    oct exh gasket.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 100
Got the leaks fixed... Just welded the H-Pipes in the center where they connect together. No way will a u-clamp keep it from leaking. Guess thats the disadvantage with 2-piece H-pipes. Got them from Jegs and they fit good.