Fox Can't Get Old Door Lock Actuator Out. Help?

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Bought a new door lock actuator for my fox and can't get the old rivet that's in the door out. From looking at it, it looks like someone already put a new rivet in. Any tricks to get it out?
20170603_095533.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Use a pin punch to drive the stem out of the rivet and the use a 1/4" drill bit to drill the rivet out. I usually try to find a suitable bolt to replace the rivet.

If you spent more than $20 to fix t door lock actuator, you wasted your money...

Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – http://get.adobe.com/reader/

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/attachments/door-lock-actuator-fix-pdf.88290/

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $8. Fix one side for $20, do both sides for only $28. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

By the way, I am still using the same $4 actuators I bought in 2002 and this is the second Mustang I have installed them in! Beat that with your fancy replacements!Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems.

Note that the prices aren't current , but the parts are still the same ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I just removed mine on the passengers side. I just sprayed wd40 on the mounting points. I then spread the rubber mounts outward and wiggled and twisted the actuator somewhat and it came out. It was alot easier than I thought. You don't need to drill the rivets out. It makes it a lot harder since not everybody has a rivet gun.

You can now lock the door with your keys and save 20 bucks if you chose not to use an actuator.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user