Can't run codes? Is my connector wired wrong? (w/Pic)

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
Ok well i'm always seein people tell everyone to run the codes! so i went and bought an OBD1 scanner so i can do this (same one as jrichker? has pics of), but it doesn't work. i justj got 000 reading when i try to test. i think someone before me may have moved one of the wires on the connecting harness? this is what it looks like. hope u can see where the yellow arrow is, that there is a wire broken off insided. this is where one of the prongs on the scanner plugs in. beside it, the blue arrow, the scanner doesn't plug into, so i'm thinking maybe someone just moved it over? is this possible?anyone know what might be wrong?
2591090_34_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

jrichker - i bought the same scanner u put a pic up of yesterday - and the prongs only fit one way right? i plug it in, and one of the prongs is plugged into the spot that has the broken wire, and the rest go to sockets that have wires. but i see the one on the end has a wire to it, but does not connect to the scanner??? is this right? i assume each prong should have wires running to it? here's a picof the front of the harness, each color is where the scanner (picture drawn above the harness) prongs fit into the harness.
2591090_37_full.jpg