Cant shift gears while engines running? Need advice

Hey guys so I've been stuck with what might be wrong with my 07 GT. Couple days ago this started happening, I cant shift into gear with the motor running, only while its off. I have to turn the car off every time I come to a stop to put it into first, I am sometimes able to muscle thru the gears after I start rolling but its rare. the clutch feel isn't any different feeling, but the engagement point has gone completely to the floor, the car will pull forward in first with the slightest raise of the foot. fluid is full no leaks anywhere, no noises or anything. I'm just desperate for any input on this. The transmission and clutch are all stock as well. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

iLikeMustangs809,

The clutch may have failed (not enough material to contact the flywheel). It may be the slave cylinder (worn if not leaking). It may be the hydraulic throwout bearing but they usually make some noise (chirping). Maybe there's a leak but it is not visible. It could be air in the system.

Any (power enhancing) mods done to the car?
How's the level in the brake master cylinder? Brake fluid is shared between the brakes and the clutch systems.
How many miles on the clutch?
Was it slipping (revving for a bit before engaging - it gets worse until the clutch no longer engages.
Has the car been run at the track often? Or, do you drive it pretty hard? Have you smelled 'burning clutch' when driving or after the car is parked?

I know a little about clutches but I sure hope some clutch gurus chime in to help you out.

Chris