Can't wait to get engine back!

My engine has been at the shop for almost 2 weeks now. They were supposed to start on it this week.They had a boat engine on the dyno they had to finalize and then they were starting mine.Can't wait to dump it back in the car put the headers on it plug it up and do the first start up.Well technically the second because they will be doing a dyno run to break in the new cam and tune it.But I'm impatient to hear that car come to life again.

Hope I remember how everything plugs back in hahahaha

• Sponsors (?)

two weeks! I am jealous! it took nearly 6 months for me to get my shortblock!!!!! It was totally worth it but talk about a long wait!!!

and you wonder why I am building the engine for my falcon myself haha....

Well I'm keeping the stock heads {4v closed chamber}but they have some machine work to do for the roller rockers on them.I ported them myself.I am keeping my stock intake also but had a friend of mine did a little customizing for me {view picture}. They will balance the engine and install my new cam kit {comp cams extreme energy}.here are the specs for the cam

Cam Style Hydraulic flat tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range 2,300-6,500
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift 240
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift 246
Duration at 050 inch Lift 240 int./246 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration 284
Advertised Exhaust Duration 296
Advertised Duration 284 int./296 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.584 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.588 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.584 int./0.588 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees) 110

I was told I would get over 400HP but we'll see.I have a Quick fuel q series 750 cfm carb going on there and a petronix ignition system.Hooker competition ceramic coated headers and flow master 40 series to complete the exhaust.I plan on getting AFD heads eventually with an air gap intake.But this is my first {real car hahahaa} so I want to do this in steps and see the progression of improvements and power.It's also easier on the budget.I also have drum brakes on all 4 wheels so I don't want to much power until I do the conversion to disks up front hahaha. So I guess it's a mild build but ready to receive more power. Here is the pic of my intake
2008_0426engine0095.jpg

So I went to the speed shop and the engine needs to be honed and decked.The last person who had worked on the engine before I bought the car had one of the main bearing caps on backwards. Luckily it did nothing bad . The crank will be turned also .Apart from that they say its in pretty good shape.they will bore the cylinders to .040 over and then put it back together.