Electrical Car clicks once and loses power

Jordan94

Jun 22, 2018
United States
A few days ago I went off the road maybe going 35 due to slush on the road and lightly went into a field no visual damage done but I left it at a family members house after they got me till the weather cleared up. I drove it home after that and turned on my fans which are on a switch and almost making it home the computer starting beeping and so i pulled over thinking it was something bad. When I checked everything it was fine and went to turn on the car and it did nothing. I had someone come jump start me then it started up perfectly and seemed to have lost power immediately after parking it in the drive way. I tried to start it and there was no power at all no lights would turn on. I unhooked the battery and stuff and after a while power came back on. Now it keeps doing that same thing and when I go to to turn it something click loud and sparks in the engine bay and loses power again until i mess with the battery a bit. I have a suspicion that something is grounded out but I'm not for sure because the wires do not look terrible.

• Sponsors (?)

Check the wires around the starter. Might have bent something over there and it's grounding out. Then check to see if the ground cable is tight on the block.

Kurt