Car died this morning....

NotoriousGT350

Founding Member
Apr 3, 2001
Lubbock, TX
on the way to school around 6am. Started off with a vibration coming from the rear, then a weird noise(I was thinking the clutch or flywheel). I stop to check if tire was flat, but everything was ok. Got back in the car and it the tranny was vibrating, I was slowing down quite a bit even though I was giving it a little gas, then the motor stop. Trying to turn the motor over, but it wouldn't start, but it was turning. Had a wrecker take it to the shop, just found out a couple a minutes ago it was the battery :bang:

Interstate battery, wrecker service, parts, labor....$236 :owned:

WTF!!! Ok, I'm going to have them check the alt. when I go pick up the car and see if it's not charging, but I'm pretty sure they might have already done that. Should I just get a new alt. just to be safe, say a 130amp one? Wouldn't hurt to have one, right?

Well, there goes some of my spending $$$ for my car, plus gotta get a new computer since mine will not start for the 2nd time in the past year(using roommate's cpu), so there goes $500-800. I don't want to pay to get it fix to only happen again later on. Damn this sucks. It's kewl though. I'm glad I had some $$$ saved up for times like this. Guess I just need to get school done with and worry about the car in another couple of years.

• Sponsors (?)

make sure to test the altenator first. if its ok then don't replace it till you have the money. It could have been a loose belt. It could also be the voltage regulator. Make sure to check and possibly replace the wires going to the battery because they might be at the end of their service life.