Car dynoed and off to the races.

10secgoal

Dec 1, 2003
San Diego
Took her to the dyno with the new wastegate spring. Became a little too hard to control on the street and watch the LM-1. After eliminating an extreme rich condition it put down 464 rwhp with 11psi. Wastegate was set for 13,but only 12.1 on one pull. I put 2 gallons of C16 in there to be safe. I expected a huge lean condition with almost doubling the boost. It was all reading funny with such a short exhaust on it. But I think it's still really rich up top. The LM-1 won't read after 5500, but the stumbling has stopped.
The cars builds about 5psi on the brake right now when it hits the 2 step. So we're gonna see what she does. Hoping for 6.7-6.8 range as long as the fuel curve is safe. Should be close.
Wish me luck, it's a good day when nothing breaks.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I learned a valuable and expensive lesson. Race gas while expensive, it extremely hard to burn. I never got it running right. I ended up with 35 degrees total timing and took out 5 jets in the front and rear. It still stumbled at 6k, and the LM-1 wouldn't read it was so rich. So much for that idea. I just din't have nearly the inlet temp to help either. Back to pump gas for me. Although I was frustrated out of my mind, nothing broke, and got to practice with the T-brake.
Don't worry Mario. She has a 2 spaces to herself.

Inlet temps just aren't high enough to burn the gas I was running. I had 35 degrees of timing and it still wasn't enough. I thought it would have also gone lean with more boost. But the C-16 was so hard to burn it would back fire in the intake on the next intake cycle is all I can imagine. I can't imagine the inlet temp was too much above ambient. So I guess I'll have to raise the inlet temp again.:D Gonna talk to guys that run this stuff and see if I can't figure it out. At least until I get the meth injection.