car is broke need help!! vid

FWIW, a buddy of mine used to have an old beater and the starter used to stick, it made a noise similar to what yours is making. he had to tap on it with a metal pipe to get it "unstuck". this may not be your problem but it's something you can try

• Sponsors (?)

Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but are you sure it is being turned the correct direction (clock wise facing the front crank shaft).

The bolt should be very tight (the additonal 90 degrees of torque). Therefore, should not easily be moved (tighter or looser).

If you are indeed able to loosen/thighten the bolt without holding the motor, then the motor/starter is seized.

>>>Crank shaft pulley torque procedure
Install the washer and the bolt. Tighten the bolt in four stages.
Stage 1: Tighten the bolt to 90 Nm (66 lb-ft).
Stage 2: Loosen the bolt one full turn.
Stage 3: Tighten the bolt to 50 Nm (37 lb-ft).
Stage 4: Tighten the bolt an additional 90 degrees.

the fact that he was able to loosen that bolt confirms either the motor is seized or the starter is seized..

He needs to get the starter out of this car and check to see if it rotates

Posted via Mobile Device no hurt feelings here..ecspecially since you all are trying to help...and unfortunatly yes, i was going clockwise meaning something bad probably has happened...should i try to get it as tight as possible? oh and it wasnt easily turned..i had to put a ton of muscle into it..but i did notice that it was just the bolt moving..no crank movement...

No you did not hurt anything and just get it tight again, and get the starter out.. I think once you get to that point you will see that it don't matter since the engine is seized

If it's the starter seized ( not likely) then you are very lucky.. I know some people have heard a starter click before and that usually means a bad starter and you hit it with a hammer and sometimes it will start..

BUT this is a different very rare starter failure if it is a starter failure.. it would have had to get mechanically stuck in the start position ( don't think it is) and welded itself seized ( unlikely)

Posted via Mobile Device man i hope its just the starter..i dont see how i could have seized the motor since it only has 1100 miles on it and it been babied the whole time so far..i still dont see why i could start ít back up the first time it shut off..thats what makes this só wierd to me ya know..i just figured in order to seize a motor your gauges would give you a heads up something was about to happen...im going to cáll about what all my wárranty covers tomorrow...just sucks that i have no time whatsoever to bring it back if i do get it covered...oh well thats life..ill let you all know whats up with the starté

Posted via Mobile Device man i hope its just the starter..i dont see how i could have seized the motor since it only has 1100 miles on it and it been babied the whole time so far..i still dont see why i could start ít back up the first time it shut off..thats what makes this só wierd to me ya know..i just figured in order to seize a motor your gauges would give you a heads up something was about to happen...im going to cáll about what all my wárranty covers tomorrow...just sucks that i have no time whatsoever to bring it back if i do get it covered...oh well thats life..ill let you all know whats up with the starté

if a motor looses oil pressure it can shut off and start back up after.. Thats why during cash for clunkers they had us check them after they shut off because some of them would start back up then you would have to run them again until it seized

BTW you have a S/C does your warranty company know that.. Every contract I have seen has a provision in there if a non factory installed S/C or turbo is installed then they will not cover engine damage or any drivetrain damage.

Posted via Mobile Device i have the standard "we built your motor and we determine if the caue of it braking is your fault or ours" warranty...they put the s/c on it but the warranty covers mainly the shortblock

No updates still?? I have the exact problem and changed my battery just last month and on my second starter wth same problem. I can pop the clutch to turn on my car and runns fine there after. Tried jump starting it and same clicking sound. My battery does die after a couple days but i believe thats a seperate issue. So if my motor isn't seized and its not the starter or battery or alternator what can it be :mad:?? Thx

No updates still?? I have the exact problem and changed my battery just last month and on my second starter wth same problem. I can pop the clutch to turn on my car and runns fine there after. Tried jump starting it and same clicking sound. My battery does die after a couple days but i believe thats a seperate issue. So if my motor isn't seized and its not the starter or battery or alternator what can it be :mad:?? Thx

my problem turned out to be the dumbest @ss thing ever..my pilot bearing blew apart wedging itelf into the crank and on the input shaft splines and cause the car to not be able to turn over..pulled tranny, took out pilot bearing peices and poof car could turn over again..

try getting your alternator looked at since you can get it started by popping the clutch..especially if your battery keeps dying..could be a loose ground wire also

Im pretty sure he fixed it somehow, cause he has another thread up about how hes putting cams in and stuff... :nice:

that is correct sir :banana: