Car Left Me Stranded... UGH! HELP!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Alright i just went to a local auto store and bought a new CCRM for $135 It still didnt solve the problem... we plugged it and everything in and the fuse blew looked back and a wire looked like it was touching ground... so we moved it... and put in a new fuse... now it doesn't blow... the fan kicks on ( the sensor on the overflow is unhooked) but the fuel pump is now not working... We tested for voltage and have voltage at 11,13 and ground at 18... but no voltage on pin 12..... 12 and 18 look to controll the coil in the fuel pump relay... so y is there no voltage on pin 12????

Alright i just went to a local auto store and bought a new CCRM for $135 It still didnt solve the problem... we plugged it and everything in and the fuse blew looked back and a wire looked like it was touching ground... so we moved it... and put in a new fuse... now it doesn't blow... the fan kicks on ( the sensor on the overflow is unhooked) but the fuel pump is now not working... We tested for voltage and have voltage at 11,13 and ground at 18... but no voltage on pin 12..... 12 and 18 look to controll the coil in the fuel pump relay... so y is there no voltage on pin 12????

This is all a new issue now, right (you did not have pin12 issues before, right? I'm starting to get confused and it's too hard to re-read all this stuff)?

Pin 12 is power to the EEC as I recall.

Check the EEC fuse under the hood again and fuse 18 inside the car (crap, just check all the fuses :rlaugh: ).

Is 24 also dead?

We are showing ground on 12... i guess because 12 and 18 are connected to the coil... i Think it is the same issue... You say to check 24 you mean pin 24 man??? i checked every fuse they looked good... ill check again... stay by i have my computer next to the car lol

Pins 12 and 24 should definitely show 12 volts. The wires are red and feed all of your sensors, injectors, etc.

How many ohms are the wires reading (12 or 24)? I ask because the computer can float the circuit, which makes meter readings tough.

FWIW, 8 and 10 feed the EEC relay (they are battery power to the EEC relay, or what pins 12 and 24 connect to when the relay energizes).

In post 44, I did mean CCRM pin 24. I apologize - I'm getting lazy in my typing. 12 and 24 perform the same function.

Zero ohms with some meters means infinite resistance (the opposite of ground). A solid ground on our cars is 1-5 ohms. You very well might be right but I wanted to toss that out. My meter wont read zero ohms but instead shows an I when there's no continuity to ground.

With the CCRM connected (if it's safe to connect it) and the key on, do you have 12 volts reaching an injector or any solenoids (the red MAF wire is an easy one to check, for example)? This would suggest that Pins 12 and 24 work.

Note that if 8 and 10 are dead (they should show battery power), 12 and 24 will read zero volts.

8 and 10 read the same volts as the battery....

If you have battery voltage at 8 and 10 but nothing with the key on at 12 and 24:

Either the relay for the EEC took a crap, wires 12 and 24 are open (cut, disconnected) or one of the wires shorted. I might try using fused jumpers wire between 8 and 12 and 10 and 24 and see what happens. If everything works, that again would tend to suggest either a bad EEC relay or you're not energizing the EEC relay coil.
If the fused jumpers smoke their fuses, there's a short. STart tracing the harness leading away from the CCRM. I believe someone on here has found a shorted EEC output wire under their CAI (it got chafed and pinched). I'd check the looms in the area.

When 12 and 24 are dead, the car will not actually start (it will crank - the computer has nothing to do with actually getting the starter to turn). Your fuel pump should not be coming on, your injectors should not be firing, etc. The EEC relay is the power distribution source for all the important stuff.

I hope Pokageek's PM is a good one - I feel like I'm of no help here. :(

If you have battery voltage at 8 and 10 but nothing with the key on at 12 and 24:

Either the relay for the EEC took a crap, wires 12 and 24 are open (cut, disconnected) or one of the wires shorted. I might try using fused jumpers wire between 8 and 12 and 10 and 24 and see what happens. If everything works, that again would tend to suggest either a bad EEC relay or you're not energizing the EEC relay coil.
If the fused jumpers smoke their fuses, there's a short. STart tracing the harness leading away from the CCRM. I believe someone on here has found a shorted EEC output wire under their CAI (it got chafed and pinched). I'd check the looms in the area.

When 12 and 24 are dead, the car will not actually start (it will crank - the computer has nothing to do with actually getting the starter to turn). Your fuel pump should not be coming on, your injectors should not be firing, etc. The EEC relay is the power distribution source for all the important stuff.

I hope Pokageek's PM is a good one - I feel like I'm of no help here. :(

Your being more help then you know man... I think what i need to do is go back to that auto parts store and give them $50 for my core CCRM back... and plug that back in and see what happens... maybe the CCRM i just bought is also bad...

My air bag light is flashing and crap now... :(

The Fan can work without the PCM. Here's how the system failsafe works as I understand: The computer turns the fan *off* when you are below XX temp, etc. Otherwise, the default is actually to have the fan come on automatically (this is achieved via the EDF module). So what you're seeing is not that far-out.

:shrug: How about this for being far out... i went got my core back... plugged it in and my car starts right up... now i feel as i cant trust it... with the new CCRM in today i was seeing voltage at 12 and 24 but only 3 volts.... with the old one back in... everything checked out and ran fine... so it must of been a wire somewhere... im seroiously scared to drive it... and now my air bag light keeps Flashing like crazy in intervals of 5... so where was this short.... on wire 11 like i first thought???? or along 12 and 24???:shrug: :bs: