Car Left Me Stranded... UGH! HELP!!!

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Well when i went over bumps my car would kinda cut off... And a orange light fould flash on the left hand side of my dash... i couldnt see what one :( .... Well i was trying to figure out what it was so i hit another bump and my car cut out this time for good... I dont think i hear my fuel pump primeing.... but i changed it with a walbro 190 a few weeks back... so i dont think its that...:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Listen for the FP prime out with the key turned on. If you dont hear anythng, check your inertia switch in the trunk (you noted hitting bumps was causing this).

Check fuses for a loose one, or one that was loose and blew due to the bad connection.

Otherwise, have your GF crank the car while you check for spark. You can also tap the CCRM with your fingers and see if the car wakes up. Ensure the CCRM connection is tight (there's a bolt holding the connector to the box).

Random thoughts.
Good luck.

thanks man... Lets see i checked the switch i even unplugged it and put it back in last night... i also checked the fuses while i was on the side of the road... I dont think i heard the pump prime at all... i think that a connection came loose in the tank... im gonna drop it today..

My Brother had the same problem when he did his fuel pump in his camaro...After about a month of doing the swap when he was driving about a half hour away from the house one of his wires came loose and left him stranded. It was easier for him to fix because all the camaros have to do is cut a hole in there trunk to acess the fuel pump, but he had no tools on him and had to get towed home.

No Fuel no spark.... Blown EEC fuse... replaced the fuse... started right up drove around the block hit a bump and my car bogged... hit another one... car dies eec fuse is blown again... It has to be a short... anyone have any idea were???:nonono: I know there is a seprate fuse for the fuel pump.... but is the fuel pump run through the EEC fuse at all??? i might have to drop the tank again latter today... but i ran a wire strait from the battery and the fuel pump is working fine

Still cant find anything... i took out the pump connections were fine... I looked around the engine for signs of burnt wires.... all i found was the lines going to the trans were sitting on my downpipe... they were a little toasty but no copper.... they were slightly stuck to each other so i pulled them apart... i have to put my tank up yet... but does anyone know what else that eec fuse is hooked 2:notnice:

The control side of the fuel pump relay sources power from the EEC relay. This is not the first place I'd look.

Since it happens while hitting bumps/jarring the car, I'd turn the key to run and start wiggle testing all of your wiring, starting with the CCRM harness and CCRM (bump the CCRM with your hand to jar it).

You should be able to wiggle various harnesses until doing so to one blows the fuse. Then make the repair.

What exactly is the CCRM and where is it located... Is it basically the same thing as an ECU??? and is it behind the center consol or on the drivers side kick pannel or something??

The CCRM is the blackbox mounted on the radiator's overflow bracket. It is quite different than the ECU - the CCRM is just a box of relays basically.

Here's some info and pics.

Good luck.

What exactly is the CCRM and where is it located... Is it basically the same thing as an ECU??? and is it behind the center consol or on the drivers side kick pannel or something??

CCRM is between the overflow bottle and rad. It is black and has lots of relays in it. I forget...did you put a new intake on that? Check for injector touching or pinched connections under the intake, that is what hapenned to me and I ended up with a short and replacing an injector.

ran out of fuses for today i didnt make it out of the driveway that second time... the wires i found must not be the problem... i checked the 2 visible injectors under the intake on the drivers side the ones wires are both showing copper... but they are not touching... but it makes me wonder what that other 2 look like... ive been playing with the CCRM trying to figure things out... i wish it would just short out right away... so i could pull fuses to see waht makes it pop... im gonna unbolt it tomorrow... and check the connections under it... the cover has been off... so i hope no water might of gotten in there... even if the copper is not touching on the injectors could that be the problem... would it arch around the wire???? ive looked everywhere.... i really dont want to pull my upper if i dont have 2... thanks for the quick responses... anyone else have any ideas?? my grand father keeps telling me to take it to the shop.... but i think if i keep at it ill find the problem:bang:

check for any wires near the headers, over the trans tunnel under the intake (might have to pull the upper

i heard one guy was having this problem, switched out his CAI and it went away :shrug: or maybe he had the anderson power pipe

If you have gone through everything as best as you can, the alternative is to disconnect everything on that fuse, install a fuse (or circuit breaker, for diagnostics) and reconnect the items one at a time until the breaker pops or fuse blows. If you do this, be careful around the computer and electronics (I always ground myself).

Good luck.

:shrug: Ok well i couldnt figure how to disconnect things from the CCRM... but i figured other fuses are probally linked... I started by plugging in the #5 EEC fuse that i keep blowing.. and took out the rest of the fuses.... I started putting in the fuses one at a time to see if any other fuses blew the EEC.... Basically i found out that both 1 and 3 were causing the EEC fuse to pop... I think these are both for the ignition switch... I didnt get to test fuse 2 because i ran out of 20A fuses... and i already bought out the local auto stores... LOL.... But i think that this tells me that this short has something to do with the ignition switch??? am i correct in assuming this??? does anyone know where these wires are ran...:shrug:

thanks in advance guys... but i have to solve this soon... since this is my DD.... :bang:

Adam, is it as soon as you turn the key to ignition? If so, that was what happened to me when putting my intake on pinched a fuel injector. AND BTW I couldn't even SEE the injector wire that was crunched and touching even with a extended mirror. It is just too hard to see up under there..

It almost ALWAYS has something to do with the last change or two you made. I think personally it may be when you turn that key, fuel pump engages and bam! blows it out... not sure how you checked that fp..but either that or injector my guess..

..what other changes did you make to the car recently?