Car pics w/ my vintage 50's and new seats

washMO66

Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
Washington, MO
Put my street wheels back on to better enjoy the curves while I'm waiting for my appointment to get my cage. I had forgotten how much better the car rides on normal tires rather than big & skinnies...

Looks alot better too I think. I have some new ET Streets for these wheels that I will probably put on to defend myself at the lights, these are like skating as it relates to traction.

Those are my new Kirkey Vintage road race buckets, they don't look like much but they are made of nice thick aluminum and they are super comfy believe it or not...

Tell me what you think of the wheels, i have had these for years and I almost sold them, glad I didn't.......

View attachment 441958

View attachment 441960

View attachment 441962

View attachment 441964

View attachment 441966

View attachment 441968

View attachment 441970

• Sponsors (?)

Nice wheels, they look just like mine..... You have had those for years, the version I have has the tire valve stem between the spokes, not outside where your are located.

I think you need to find something for the center caps, I noticed you removed the Vintage wheel label.

I gotta be honest, I'm really mixed on the seats. They look like they belong in an kit car of some sort. The seem to be too rough when compared to the high quality of all of the other parts of your car.

That's a sweet looking ride.
Personnally the wheels are not my preference, but hey it's your car and as long as you like it, that's all that matters.
I like the vintage Shelby seats. I was thinking about replacing the bench seat in my coupe with these. How are they for comfort? I'm quite tall, is there sufficient back support.
The paint scheme is different as well, what are those color codes?
All in all a great looking car. Well done.

1320Stang. My car is a '65 Coupe. I'm some way off doing the interior of my car. If i swap out the bench for buckets, I'll probably try and sell the bench as I don't have room to store it.

When I bought the wheels they did not come with any center caps.

The seats for me are are mix of form and function but mostly function. I wanted a safe race seat that was lightweight (11lbs) that also retained the low back look of the classic. These are the wide version so they are comfy and the back support is great. I measured holes and bolted them back about four inches from the front stock mounting position and then I used the factory rear holes, it actually worked out great but I still may have a little lean back adjustment to make, with some shims.

I hear what your saying about the look but they are kind of growing on me.. The covers are thickly padded and are of a higher quality thatn i thought they would have been.

Ties are 245/50/16's rear and 225/50/16's front. Wheels are all 16X8 4.5" BS Car sits on 5 leaf reverse eye, cut 620's up front with Shelby frop and TCP upper control arms & sway bars etc..

Those wheels take your car from nice to Awesome!

Wow, I don't know if it is the grey/black paint scheme that make them work so well, or what. But that is just knock down drag out beautiful. I vote you keep them on, or trade me cars!

A67StangMaster said:
Where is the passanger seat belt? lol

That is the only seat in the car without a belt yet, I told my wife it's hers....

I'm only ordered one 5 point Simpson harness to make sure it was what I wanted, the other is on the way and the shoulder harnesses will be tied into the cage when it gets fabricated in 3, 4 or 5 weeks.....

The back is as low as it will go with stock wheel wells and fitting slicks under it, the front needs another inch though but I'm concerned at how much I am going to be affecting the spring stiffness....

PS - My garage is alarmed:nono:

Nice Tang!!!!

I'm new to Stangnet and I usually spend the majority of my time on the 67-72chevytruck forum but I love all cars!! I have been priveleged to ride in this Mustang and still suffer from wiplash and irritable bowel. This thing runs even better than it looks!!

Its because of this Mustang I have been forced into upgrading to a stroker block.

Keep up the good work washMO66!!!

silverstroker said:
I'm new to Stangnet and I usually spend the majority of my time on the 67-72chevytruck forum but I love all cars!! I have been priveleged to ride in this Mustang and still suffer from wiplash and irritable bowel. This thing runs even better than it looks!!

Its because of this Mustang I have been forced into upgrading to a stroker block.

Keep up the good work washMO66!!!

Pig Dog!I invade your Chevy Truck forum so you retailiate by coming to the ways of the blue oval.....

Now you have to post a pic of Silvia to show these guys some more Missori muscle..

AdamInChains said:
Is that a billet grill? and if so who'd you get it from? Thanks

It is and I don't have a clue where my buddy got it (I sold that car and bought it back and he did the body work).

Wherever he got it he said it didn't fit worth a crap and he did a whole lot fo filing on it. I am not a big fan of it and would like to get an all black grill for it. Haven't really looked around for one yet, when I find it this one will end up on eBay..

-TB