Fuel Car running horrible on 93

1983foureyegt

Mar 21, 2019
Illinois
Hey I own a 1983 Mustang GT (carbureted) and decided to fill it up with 93 to see what would happen and after the 87 all got out of the fuel lines it’s been running horrible, I cannot accelerate fast at all . Will draining it and putting 87 fix that? It is also back firing out of the carburetor, it has never done any of this before Any help is a appreciated thanks

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

It sounds like you got a load of bad gasoline. Drain the tank, replace the fuel filer and see what happens.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
So someone correct me if I'm wrong, but higher octane rating can't have a negative effect. I think the timing was just coincidence on that. So maybe put the octane on the back burner and focus on what's been said because there's some knowledge folks on here that will help get that problem solved. Keeping working on it! No pressure guys.... :D

Reactions: 2 users
So someone correct me if I'm wrong, but higher octane rating can't have a negative effect. I think the timing was just coincidence on that. So maybe put the octane on the back burner and focus on what's been said because there's some knowledge folks on here that will help get that problem solved. Keeping working on it! No pressure guys.... :D

It wouldn't have a negative effect because it was higher octane but it could just be bad gas as JR suspects.